Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Kirsten started Swimming Lessons last week. On the first day she was in the Mom and Tot class with me. She screamed through the entire lesson because she did not want to swim with me. Towards the end of the lesson, she broke away from me, swam to the edge, ran to the shallow end and jumped in. The coordinator moved her to the 3 to 5 year old Little Swimmers even though she is not yet 3. She is keeping up well, although she has a tendency to swim off into the deep end when the teachers are not looking. She has learned Superman, scoops, kicks, bubbles and goes under water by herself. She loves to go under to pick up toys. Yesterday they put on life jackets and took the kids to the deep end. She was the only one willing to jump in, so she went first, and was the last one to get out. She swam off and was playing with the lane ropes and the diving board. I love that she is so adventurous and independent, but sometimes I wonder what I am going to do with this girl.

This is Kirsten swimming with her teacher, Stephen.





Kirsten practicing her kicks. She is in the yellow suit with the big pink flower.

1 comment:

AnoelleB said...

Wouldn't it be SO GREAT if we could give just some of her sense of adventure to my boys? Maybe even things out a little? In a perfect world... :)