Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trip to California

I had the most fabulous time in California this past week. I flew out on Wednesday to Orange County. My sister Jenny picked me up and we spent the next two days together. First we went to her boyfriend, Christian's house. Let me tell you, it was amazing. I think that someone should have been following me around to mop up my drool from his travertine floors! Then we met Aunt Marilyn for dinner and spent the rest of the night shopping. Thursday we went to Disneyland. We spent about 6 hours there until the lines started getting too long for our taste.
After Disney land we went to go see our cousin Marguax and her 5 day old baby, Garret. He is such a cutie. He christened me when I was holding him. I guess that means he likes me. Her 5 year old Gavin is also a complete doll. We spent the rest of the day at the beach. Jenny took me to Salt Creek Beach so that we could get a workout walking down and back up a mile long stair case down the side of the cliff to get to the beach. I am sure glad I have been working out lately, or that would have been the end of me!
Friday morning I flew from Orange County to Oakland. My best friend Christie Welch married her high school sweetheart, Chris McCrindle, in the Oakland temple on Friday. I started crying when I saw her in the parking lot and it just got worse from there. I am so happy for her. I am so grateful that I was able to be there with her. The reception was in Napa that night, which is where she lives now. At first I was devastated to have her so far away, but now I am just glad that I have an excuse to go back and visit. It is so beautiful out there.
I stayed Friday and Saturday night with Trish, a good friend of my sister Anne, and mine now too. We spent all day Saturday in San Francisco. We rode the subway in, which by the way goes underneath the bay! We then took the wrong trolley car and quite by accident ended up on the scenic trolley tour of San Francisco. Talk about good luck. We spent most of the day at Fisherman's wharf and saw the seals, Alcatraz, and ate at the Boudin Sourdough Factory. YUMMY!
That evening we drove back into San Francisco to hit the places you cannot get to with public transportation. We found Alamo Square, which is the row of famous houses you see on Full House and any other movie filmed in San Francisco. I actually thought that is what all the houses there would look like, but it turns out it is a street of six very famous homes.
To top off the day, we drove across the Golden Gate bridge, which was completely covered in fog. We parked on the other side and decided to go back and walk the bridge. It was crazy cold, especially for the middle of August.
I flew home on Sunday and came back to reality. It was fun to be gone but I sure missed Jeremy and Kirsten. She has been acting up and pushing every boundary I have ever set for her the past two days. I figure that she is punishing me for leaving her for so long. I hope to make it back out there again soon and take the family with me. It sure was a great week!

5 comments:

Alison Alleman said...

That looks like TONS of fun! I'm sure Jeremy and Kirsten are glad you have you home!

Eric & Amy said...

What a fun trip!!! You gotta get some girl time in every now and then!

Mom Alleman said...

I sure enjoyed hearing about your trip yesterday over the phone, but it was even more fun to read your blog and see all of the pictures from your wonderful trip! We look forward to going to Christy's Open House this Saturday! She looks so happy!

Love,
Mom Alleman

AnoelleB said...

Girl, you look amazing! I'm so sorry I missed you this time around, but since I've already run into your in-laws in Florida of all places, I'm sure you and I MUST cross paths soon! Right?

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

Im sorry you got christened! That always means they like you. JOrdon loves kirsten, since he's got her every time he's been held by her. Im glad you had a good vacation and had some fun with girl time and being at Kristy's wedding. We'll see you this weekend