Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Kirsten started Preschool today!!! She came bouncing into our room this morning at 6:30 exclaiming "Wake up, Wake up! It's my first day of school. We have to pack my lunch!" She is attending Redeemer Day School at the Presbyterian Church about 3 blocks from our house. She had no problems walking right in and playing with her new friends. I on the other hand lingered outside her door for about 10 minutes toiling over leaving my baby at SCHOOL! I eventually had to leave solely because I had to go to work. When I picked Kirsten up she did not want to come home. She hid from me and and jumped into her teacher's arms. I had to promise and pinky swear that she would get to come back on Thursday. Her progress report from her teacher stated that she was happy, friendly, sweet and curious. She is definitely her father's daughter on that one.
Kirsten at Preschool Kirsten and her teacher Mrs Leath
I had about an hour of free time today between lessons and was able to come home. That is one of the many advantages to having switched schools this year to the middle school down the street. I hardly knew what to do all by myself and ended up cleaning the house. It was actually nice to clean without a 3 year old tornado behind me trying to help. I decided that we should require all 3 year olds to go to preschool so that their moms can regain what little remains of their sanity! It was a big day for all of us, but Kirsten sure handled it like a big girl.
I started teaching Megan, my sister-in-law, piano lessons today. She is such a sweetheart and so fun. Kirsten sure loved having her Grandma Alleman come up and play barbies with her during Megan's lessons. This will be a fun weekly treat for her.


4 comments:

Mom Alleman said...

I can vouch for Laura that Kirsten loved her pre-school! Kirsten said that they sang songs and had lots of fun. We appreciate Laura teaching Megan piano lessons and I wanted you to know, Laura, that Megan practiced this morning :) What a treat for me to be able to have a "play date" with Kirsten every week!

Love,
Mom A.

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

she's growing up too fast?! :( well, at least things went well for her. She's such a cute girl and we love her!

Eric & Amy said...

Way to go Kirsten! What a big accomplishment for you and your mommy! Preschool is SO great!!!

Cassie said...

Congratulations you guys. What a beautiful family you all are. She is growing up so fast and no longer looks like a toddler. I wish they would stay little for a little bit longer. Love ya!