Sunday, October 19, 2008

Reunion

This weekend was my 10-year High School Reunion.  Friday night we went to a tailgate party for the families and then to the football game.  It was fun to meet everyone's spouses and kids and catch up.  I was surprised at how many live in Frisco and Carrollton still.  Kirsten absolutely loved her first football game and kept begging to go down to the cheerleaders - how does she even know what a cheerleader is?!  The marching band was actually pretty good, which I was excited about. 

Saturday night there was an adult's only dinner at Ozona's.  My dad and Patty stayed with Kirsten so we could go.  It was strange how few people I recognized, but of course there were over 900 people in my class.  It was interesting to see how different we are now from my friends in HS.  Most of my close girlfriends are Attorneys or Pediatric Rheumatologists and crazy things like that and even though they are married, have  no desire for kids any time soon.  We actually won the award for having the oldest kid.  The most kids award went to the one family there that had two kids, two-year old twins.  We were of course party poopers and came home way early.  Kirsten climbed into our bed this morning and woke us up shouting "You came back!"  She then proceeded to tell us about her fun night with grandma and grandpa and is begging for them to come back.

Jeremy got a new calling today, he is going to be teaching a  special primary class for the kids getting ready to go into Sunbeams this year.  We are not sure if Kirsten will be in his class because the group is so big that they will split them into several classes.  He is excited about it and I know he will do a great job.  Kids always love Jeremy. It will be fun because now our entire family is in primary together.

2 comments:

TheReadFam said...

Hey Laura! I didn't know you had a blog.

I was wondering if there was any way I could bring Locke to play group at 8:30 on friday?

Eric & Amy said...

Bravo! That's awesome you went to your reunion! Glad you had fun!