Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving this week. We drove to Oklahoma on Wednesdsay night and took my little brother John with us. Kirsten had been talking for a week about going to Papa Adams farm in Oklahoma (which she pronounces Okyhoma). I am so glad that she is able to grow up loving my grandparents farm as much as I do. It seems like life stops when we go there, it is the one place in the world where I can fully relax.

We had a wonderful time on Thanksgiving with all the family. We roasted one turkey and my uncle John fried the other one - I was not brave enough to try it. Iva and Cole came with their two little boys, so they and Kirsten spent most of the day exploring the garden, chicken coop, train car and truck, playing tag and trying to figure out how to get through the fence to the cows.

Thursday night we all went to see Twilight. I liked it more the second time. Jeremy liked it, my mom and Clinton not so much though. John liked it as did Kirsten - I know, I'm crazy, but since everyone went, we had no one to watch her. Besides, she has been begging for weeks to see it and told me that she is going to marry Edward. She is growing up way too fast.

We did some mega shopping on Friday and then headed home. My mom and Clinton came with us and he and Jeremy got the Christmas lights put up yesterday. It is fun to be getting into the Christmas season. I can hardly wait for our trip to Denver in just a few weeks!

No comments: