Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Icy Day

I woke up this morning to a 1/2" sheet of ice covering our world and a husband ready to drive to work in it. I threatened him with his life and made him call in. We had a wonderful cold day in our warm home. We made a fire in the fireplace and roasted "pretend marshmallows" (Kirsten's idea). It actually turned out to be a fun, relaxing, low key day as a family, which we never have anymore. Jeremy and I were even able to get our taxes filed. It is crazy early, I know, but we had everything together and we were both home with no where to go.
Kirsten loved having both of us home all day. She spent the day playing and singing too herself, which she does when she is happy. Here is video of Kirsten singing a song she learned at school this week. She loves to sing the part "Will I hide it under a bushell? NO!" After the 20th time she sang that, I made her sing the whole thing so that I could figure out what the song was.

video

The gym was closed today because of the ice and I was getting restless, so I decided to lead my family in a group aerobics class. Kirsten is quite the tough cookie. Jeremy tired out after 20 minutes, but Kirsten kept going with me for 45 minutes. She even did the chest press with me.

There is nothing better after a good workout than a shower and a snack.

2 comments:

Mom Alleman said...

Kirsten is sure lucky to have you as a Mom, Laura!!! And we are so thankful for you and all of your many talents that you are passing onto our beautiful Kirsten. :)

Cassie said...

Sounds like a great day, couldn't everyday be like that? Love ya!