Friday, February 27, 2009
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? Sci-fi Channel
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Thousand Island, on the side
3. What's one food he doesn't like? Seafood
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order? Steak or fajitas, and water, unless he splurges on a rootbeer
5. Where did he go to high school? The Colony High School
6. What size shoe does he wear? 12
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? Turkey on Whole Wheat
9. What would this person eat every day if he could? Homemade Bread
10. What is his favorite cereal? He'll eat anything, but keeps suggesting I buy Capn' Crunch
11. What would he never wear? Sports team parafanelia
12. What is his favorite sports team? He actually doesn't care about sports at all
13. Who did he vote for? McCain, of course
14. Who is his best friend? Yours truly
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Complain about my size
16. What is his heritage? Heinz 57 baby! Mainly Scottish, I think.
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake? Double Chocolately Chocolate
18. Did he play sports in high school? No, he was in band, just like me
19. What could he spend hours doing? Programming on his computer
20. What is one unique talent he has? He never complains about ANYTHING!!! (Except liberal Politicians)
I tag Darlene, Cassie, Ellen, Allison, Amy, and Jodi
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
The first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive a hand made gift from me during this year. When and what will be a surprise. There's a small catch though...
You must post this same thing on your own blog and then come back and leave a comment telling me you're in. Fun, huh? Remember, only the first 3 comments receive the gift!
For those who "win" my hand made gift...
1- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
2- What I create will be just for you.
3- It'll be done this year. (might be a little while)
4- You have no clue what it's going to be (I don't yet either).
5- You are not allowed to judge me for my lack of "hand made" skills ;). Post wisely!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
We finally have Kirsten's room finished. We painted it pink, got her a bed, and put her name on the wall. We are only missing the vinyl lettering that I ordered. She sure loves the pink and calls it her Pink Princess Room.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I cut Kirsten's bangs on Sunday, and about 4 inches off the back of her hair. It is sure easier to comb in the mornings now. And yes, she is wearing her favorite Dinosaur Pajamas with a princess locket and headband. Please tell me that this is a healthy balance, and not some kind of personal identity crisis!
After the show, we tried to get into a restaurant, but most places had 2 hour waits by 5:30. So instead we came home and took the babysitter home and then took Kirsten out to dinner with us. It was a great Valentine's day.
Kirsten loved getting cards from each of her grandparents and has put them up on the living room bookshelf. She is also still eating candy from all the valentine's she got from school and dance. I am ready for the sugar high to end. We hope that everyone else had a great Valentine's day also!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
This is what Kirsten learned at school today. She just started saying it on the way home from a choir concert tonight. We were very surprised and pleased!
We went to the Evans Middle School Choir Concert tonight. They are just down the street from us and have been chosen as the Texas State Middle School Honor Choir. They leave on Thursday to perform at the State Capitol in the Rotunda at noon, and then on to San Antonio where they will be a featured concert at the Texas Music Educators Association Convention. This is a great honor. Several hundred choirs submit tapes and only one is chosen. The convention is attended by about 20,000 people annually. One of my piano students, Emily Price is in the choir. They sang so beautifully. It was a choir performance that any high school or even some colleges could have been proud of, and they are just 12 and 13 years old. Congratulations Emily, and good luck!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Monday was Peek-a-boo day at Kirsten's dance studio. It was a blast to watch her. Here is the Hokey Pokey. That is how they close every class. Have you ever seen anything so cute?!
Kirsten has decided that she is Supergirl. How does she even know what that is? We only watch princesses around here, not superheroes! Anyway, she got in trouble at school today for using her "Super powers" on a little boy named Zander. After this demonstration of her super power, I can only imagine what she did to the poor boy.