Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter

So I know that this is a week late, but it has been a crazy week. We had a great Easter. On Saturday morning we found a baby bunny in our backyard by the fence. It would not move and Jeremy was afraid of either mowing over it, or our neighbors dogs getting at it. So naturally, we brought it in the house. Kirsten took very good care of our visitor for about two hours, and then we let it go after we were done with the yard work (on the side away from the dogs!). What are the chances of finding a bunny on Easter?!
Easter Sunday was Fast Sunday also, so even though Jeremy and Kirsten got their baskets before church, they had to be patient and wait to devour their candy.
Kirsten got a chocolate bunny and a Little Mermaid Doll, complete with every outfit from the movie. I only give her one sweet thing for any given holiday because I do not want her to grow up thinking that candy is something special. It seems to be working, she would rather eat green beans and pretzels than anything sweet.
Here is Kirsten looking beautiful in her Easter dress. You can also see the green we painted around the fireplace and a little bit of the brown that is on the rest of the living room walls. I keep forgetting to post real pictures of our painting spree.
After church we went to my dad's for a little while because it was my step-brother's birthday, then off to Jeremy's parent's for Easter Dinner. We had lasagne, which I always love but I have to admit that I missed a traditional Easter Dinner more than I thought I would. So guess what I am making for dinner tonight.... I get stuck in my ways, what can I say?
We were able to spend a lot of time this week with my sister-in-law, Kacey, who was home from school for a week. We have all missed her a ton, but I think Kirsten missed her the most. She keeps crying for her everyday. It was great to be able to see her, and I know that she will have a blast at BYU-I this semester.
This week will be another busy one, with both mine and Jeremy's birthdays on top of everything else. - By the way, did I mention Jeremy only has 3 weeks of classes left!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy birthday to the both of you. How fun that they are in the same week!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

My little Kirsten is so beautiful! I cannot wait until you come next week! Happy Birthday to you and Jeremy this week. Love you bunches, Mom

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

I love the pictures. Kirsten is looking too grown up, love the Easter dress. HOpe you guys have a great birthday week, let us know if you want to have a family party

Mom Alleman said...

We enjoyed all the Easter pictures! Thanks for posting them. Happy Birthday Laura and Jeremy!!

Cassie said...

That bunny is so sweet! Yes the thought of running over it with the lawn mower is very sad. Your Easter pictures are beautiful; I love Kirsten’s dress, what a doll!