Friday, May 1, 2009

Airport

So we left our house yesterday at 3 and drove to my in-laws. My mother-in-law then very graciously took us to the airport. We arrived at 5 for our 6:15 flight. Perfect, right? Not!!! Our plane was delayed by three hours. So I spent 4 1/2 hours in the airport with Kirsten. Thank goodness I decided at the last minute to re-pack our two carry-on suitcases into one large suitcase and check it. That would have been brutal. I do have to brag on her though. She never once ran off, not one single tantrum, held my hand the entire time, and generally did everything single little thing that I asked her to. What a heaven sent blessing! The flight was a little difficult, since it was already past her bed time when we got on, but again, no tantrums, fighting, arguing, anything. She did start kicking the seat in front of her, and when I made her apologize, the man said "I have 14 grandkids, and it makes me feel right at home, keep kicking." Another tender mercy. By the time we actually made it to my mom's house in Topeka last night, we could have driven.

My mom had to go in for day surgery this morning. Kirsten and I spent the morning tip-toeing in the tulips by the lake, playing at the park and chasing birds. It is so cold and wet, but she did not seem to even notice. We are supposed to go fishing with grandpa this afternoon so that my mom can rest. Hopefully the rain will stay away long enough for us to go.

My sister, Anne, flies in tonight, and my brother, John, flies in tomorrow morning. I will post pictures when I get home, I forgot the cord.

On a side note, I think I want an I-phone. I am traveling with a cell phone, lap top, GPS, digital camera, Ipod and portable DVD player. An Iphone would do all of that and would sure be a lot easier to transport!

3 comments:

Eric & Amy said...

Your amazing traveler doesn't surprise me in the least. These 1st children, especially girls, I think are absolutely amazing. They grow up quickly and become just like mommy. So Bravo to you! :)

And amen to the ipod. That would certainly make traveling much lighter :)

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am so glad you made it home safely last night. I don't know what is going on with AA--they seem to be having a lot of delays and mechanical issues. I hope your travel to California goes better. We thoroughly enjoyed having you and Kirsten visit. Thank you for sharing my 'Day' with me on Saturday--it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

Love, MOM

Cassie said...

What an angel! We hope you have a great time on the trip. Talk to you later.