Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dance Recital

This morning was Kirsten's first dance recital. It was so amazing to watch her up on the stage performing. She is a natural. I have always loved to dance and found myself crying as I watched my little angel up on the stage. She has become so independent lately!


Kirsten was lucky to have all three grandpas, and two of her grandmas, two aunts, an uncle, and a cousin at her recital. My mom made the long drive last night from Kansas to be here for the recital. I appreciate her putting in so much effort to be here for me and Kirsten, despite the distance.


We started preparing last night by rolling her hair in sponge rollers. I have never done this before and had no idea what I would get! By the way, we just put her to bed and the curls have not relaxed, at all!


It was a little overwhelming to get her all dolled up, curls, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lipstick. She loved it though and was so excited to get on stage and dance. Here is her class lining up to go on stage. She is third in the line.
Their first time on stage they performed their tap routine. She is third from the right.
They came back out later and did the Hokey Pokey with the Kindergarten class. In the second half Jeremy's sister Megan performed with her Hip Hop class. She is a natural performer. I guess that is where Kirsten gets it!

During Intermission I got to help her change into her ballet costume. It was hard to get that crown secured around all of those curls, but she was very patient with me.

In the middle of the ballet routine they each get a chance to be the "STAR" Here is Kirsten's turn at her first dance solo!

After the show, each girl came onto the stage and introduced themselves. Kirsten walked right up to the microphone and said "My name is Kirsten, I am three, and I love my Mommy." Well if I wasn't crying before, I sure started then. I love being her mother. She is such a kind, loving, caring, tender little girl. She is truly the greatest blessing in my life.

All of the Dazzlers together for a final bow.

Kirsten and her Aunt Megan. Good job girls!

We are so proud of you Kirsten. We love you so much!

6 comments:

AnoelleB said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

The cuteness is paralyzing!!!!

Eric & Amy said...

How cute! I still remember Hannah's first recital. Hard to keep the tears back. Your baby is growing up so quickly, and what a doll she is!

Mom Alleman said...

Kirsten and Megan are quite the dancers! The recital was so much fun and I'm glad we got to watch our girls perform. Their "happy smiles" say it all!!

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

we sure enjoyed being at the recital, Kirsten was so cute. I don't even have a daughter yet, but she sure made me almost start to cry. What a sweet girl you have.

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am so glad that I was able to be there, it brought back so many memories of you and your sisters when you were in dance. I loved it!!!

Kacey Alleman said...

Kirsten is just too PRECIOUS!! I loved all the bling! I miss y'all sooo much!