Saturday, May 30, 2009

Last Day of School

Thursday was Kirsten's last day of school for the year. It is amazing to look back and see all that she has learned this year. I am so grateful for Mrs Leath and Mrs Freeman, her teachers. They are truly amazing women and have worked miracles with their little class. Kirsten is having trouble grasping the concept of summer vacation, since this is her first one, and I am sure the next few weeks will be tough as she adapts. She loves going to school. We are going back to the same school next year. They only have a two day a week program, and I really wanted a 3 or 4 day to get her more ready for Kindergarten, but we love the school and are going to stay.

For the last day of school, they had a Circus themed Carnival and a pizza lunch. I did not get many pictures of the carnival because I was working the booth in her classroom. Here are a few that I was able to take.
Pizza Party
Kirsten and Nikki
Opening Presents with Mrs Freeman
Duck, Duck, Goose!

2 comments:

Mom Alleman said...

What cute pictures of Kirsten! While watching the video of Kirsten and seeing if she was going to sit down in her spot--for some reason it didn't surprise me that she made a "new spot". Kirsten is so creative and likes to do things "her way" which is one reason we love her so much!:)

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am so glad that Kirsten is making friends. Sometimes I know it is frustrating to you that she is invited to so many birthday parties--but that means that she is loved by many other children her age and that is wonderful. Love, MOM