Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My new toy

This weekend I decided to try my hand at scrapbooking. I have always wanted to start scrapbooking but it has been a little intimidating and I never knew where to begin. I decided that our trip to Disneyland was the perfect excuse to start. I very quickly realized two things-
1. I love scrapbooking. I am totally and completely addicted.
2. There are a lot of things that I want to do, but do not have the tools to do.

So after talking to a few friends and doing some digging around online, I told Jeremy on Sunday night that I wanted a Cricut. His response, "okay, go get one." He indulges me way too much. So today I got my Cricut. In my defense, I did find one on Craigslist dirt cheap. It is amazing. Kirsten and I have spent most of the day playing with it and have put together 6 pages already. So much for doing laundry, making bread and cleaning my house!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

When do we get to see pictures of your pages?

Mom Alleman said...

I can't wait to see the pictures that you and Kirsten put together! Scrapbooking sounds a lot more fun than laundry, cleaning house, etc. :)

JoykLucyb said...

Sounds like fun! I feel the same intimidation about scrapbooking. In scrolling down to look at your trip pics a name caught my eye. I wonder if your friend Amy Burr is a distant cousin of mine. I remember my grandparents telling me that a lot of our Burr ancestors settled in California because that is where the ship landed when it came from Europe. There was a John Atlantic Burr born on that ship. Just a thought.
Amanda Rogers

Alison Alleman said...

Sounds like a really fun hobby! I gave up on scrapbooking a long time ago - I don't have the patience for it. My brother got his fiance a Cricut for Christmas and she loves it. Have fun with it!

Chrystalee said...

I'm soooo jealous! I'd love a cricut! : )

PS - My word verification for this is: dityraps - where do they come up with these????