Thursday, May 28, 2009

Walgreens

Is anyone else out there totally frustrated with Walgreens and all their changes right now? In May they discontinued their Easy Saver Catalog. So no more store coupons for the month or rebates. They have gone almost exclusively to Register Rewards. I would assume that these RRs work the way they always have, the way that ECBs do at CVS. Nope. You can no longer use RRs to pay for your transaction. They are classified as manufacturers coupons that you can use on any item. That means that if you buy 5 items, you can only use a totaly of 5 coupons or RRs in any combination. You cannot use your 5 coupons and also use your RRs. Also, for example, if you have a RR issued by Colgate, and you buy another Colgate item that will issue a RR, if you use the RR on that transaction, you will not get the new RR. Confusing, right? Even more so, it is frustrating. My transaction today should have been $4 and issued $5 in RR. Instead, it was $23 and only issued $3 in RR. The sad thing was, is they are things that I actually had to have and so I had to pay it. It hurts paying that much for stuff that I KNOW I can get for FREE. The employee I talked to today says they have lost over half their business at that store this month. I wonder why....

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh I hear ya! I am done shopping there, it is so frustrating!

ellen said...

I think I need a translator! :o) That really stinks.

Chrystalee said...

Huh?!?!? : )