Friday, May 22, 2009

Weekend

Saturday morning we woke up and made the drive north to Simi Valley. One of my closest friends, Amy Burr, and her family live there. Amy started watching Kirsten when she was 5 months old while I taught trumpet lessons. In exchange, I taught her kids piano lessons. Kirsten loving refers to hr three sons, Benjamin, Joshua, and Joseph, as her boys.

We went to lunch at In n Out Burger, since Jeremy and Kirsten have never been there. We spend the rest of the day at Oxnard Beach. Kirsten was a little weary of the water at first, but did eventually let it touch her feet and even let Jeremy carry her in quite a ways. She kept telling me that the water was peppery!

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot that night, which I have to say is the nicest, most spacious, up to date, and cleanest hotel I have ever stayed it. So if you are ever in the area, I highly recommend it.

Sunday morning we played a game of Munchkin, which Jeremy won (or stole!) That was always our tradition when they were here, dinner and Munchkin on Friday nights. It was so wonderful to see them. It is a rare thing that we find a friend that truly is a soulmate on this earth. I can count only three friends like this, Christie, Amy, and Emily, all of which live in California now. I feel truly blessed to have them as friends, but wish they were closer! Kirsten had a hard time saying good bye to her boys, and keeps asking when we are going back.

video

1 comment:

AnoelleB said...

Love love LOVE all the photos!!! Kirsten hugging people is the best - be it Pooh or Joseph. SO CUTE!!!

Gonna need another Laura fix SOON.