Sunday, June 14, 2009

Six Years

Six years ago today I was sealed for Time and All Eternity to my sweetheart Jeremy. I never imagined when he asked me to marry him how much he would bless my life. Jeremy is the kindest, most loving, compassionate, hard working man that I have ever known. He has an enormous capacity for love and service. I will be eternally grateful to my in-laws for raising this amazing man. He is the best husband and father that Kirsten and I could ever ask for. Our lives have changed so much since that day. We have had our ups and downs, and our share of heartbreaks and disappointments, but standing her and looking back, I would not trade one minute of it. I love him more today than I ever thought imaginable and I look forward to growing closer through the coming years. I thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with him, and I am especially grateful that Jeremy was so patient with me for so many years and waited for me to serve my mission. I love you Jeremy.







The Sealer at our wedding shared this quote with us. It is the theme of my life.

“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey … delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.” Gordon B. Hinckley

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!

3 comments:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

That is very sweet Laura. Love, MOM

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

Glad you had such a great anniversary. The Alleman boys were raised very well. Don't think I have ever come across anyone like them. They are one of a kind!

Mom Alleman said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet feelings, Laura, and for the beautiful wedding pictures. It brought back so many wonderful memories of your wedding.