Friday, June 19, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Kirsten's last swimming lesson was today. Last Monday, during her 4th lesson, she finally figured out how to swim by herself! This week we have spent every spare moment at the pool with her swimming from the steps to me, me to the steps, over and over and over....

I could not be prouder of my little girl. It is a huge step to be able to put your face in the water, let go and trust that you will not sink. I am excited about all the new things she will learn in the coming months. I am just beyond ecstatic that we finally passed this first step. Everyone says that the summer they turn four is the magical year to start swimming on their own, and it looks like that is true. I hope you enjoy the video. It takes her a while to get off the edge, I think she was getting tired. But once she gets going she makes it almost all of the way across the pool before her teacher takes her hand. Good Job Kirsten!!!

video

3 comments:

ellen said...

Wow that's great! Go Kirsten!! Hopefully you can get a good tan in since I'm sure she'll want to go ever day!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

WOW! She is really swimming--that is so good! Love you Kirsten, Grandma Starnes

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

that is awesome, can't wait to go swimming with you guys this summer. way to go Kirsten! we love you!