Monday, June 29, 2009

Would you be terrified if...

Your piano looked like this...


I know I was. My piano has been rattling for about a year and it has been getting progressively worse lately and I can hardly stand to play on it now. So I finally called David Featherstone to come and look at it. And in my great tradition, I baffled him. He has NO IDEA what is causing the rattle. He worked on it for over an hour today. Our next step is to drop about $1000 to have it moved to his shop in Dallas and completely taken apart. I have no idea what to do. I love this piano, and it is how I make a living and how I relax, but it is so expensive. I spent most of my day in tears. My poor 91 year old senior citizen piano.

5 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so sorry Laura... it is a beautiful piano!

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

sorry about the piano, i hope it can be fixed. i didn't know it was having problems. Best of luck

ellen said...

Ahhhhh what a shock! Your poor baby. What an emotional thing! I hope they figure it out, so you can play on it another 90 plus years. It's a beautiful instrument

TRT said...

That is so sad! I am so sorry! I hope you guys can figure it out!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Oh MY--I hope your piano is doing better now--I'm sorry!