Friday, July 17, 2009

Scissors

Kirsten has a new obsession with cutting things out. So yesterday we cut out some paper to play a matching game. Being the inexperienced mother that I am, I left the scissors on the table when we were done. When I was finished teaching trumpet lessons last night I walked into my room to see this
Then I looked up to see this
The trail of hair led all the way through my room and into my bathroom. She cut off as much as 9 inches in some places. For reference, I took this picture yesterday morning. You can see how long and curly her hair was.
So I called my amazing hair dresser, Holly, in tears, to see if she could fix it. She got us in first thing this morning. So this was Kirsten's first professional hair cut. I have always been able to do it before, but how to fix this was beyond me.
The end result is actually pretty cute. Thank you Holly for turning a traumatic experience into something good. Kirsten is so happy that she did not have to get all of her hair cut off. Some of it is still up past her ears, so we will have to be creative with clips and tucking until it grows out.

10 comments:

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

what a traumatic experience, but i love the new hair do! She looks too grown up now!

Eric & Amy said...

We'll miss those long curly locks....but she's adorable either way! Hopefully she learned her lesson! :)

AnoelleB said...

LOVE the new 'do on her! So cute!

Last night we were watching a movie with Joseph and started teasing him during a kissing scene. THen Matt told him "You know, someday YOU'LL kiss a girl!" Joseph said "Kirsten I will!"

:D

Vicki said...

It actually looks really cute. Did you ever see Rhonda's daughter last year when her son gave the hair cut??

Cassie Clines Alleman said...

I am very sorry! I would cry too, but the hair cut is soooo cute. Holly did a great job.

Kacey Alleman said...

Oh my goodness! Her hair is precious!! She must be the priamary heartthrob!I miss and love y'all!

Misti said...

That is one of the things that I never want to see. I cut my cousin's hair when we were little. She does look cute with the new style though.

TRT said...

The resulting hair cut is really cute! I can't imagine what that would be like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mine never decides to do the same.

christi said...

Laura,
I am telling you, at least she didn't Hack the bangs ( like I did when I was 4 ). It is funny because I remember my mother in tears making my Dad take photos to document the "incident". Cutting your own hair is a right of passage, I tell you!!!!!
Thanks for the memories!!!
Love you tons
Christi

Mom Alleman said...

We saw Kirsten's hair last night and I love her new haircut! Although, it does make her look older. We're sure looking forward to her Birthday!