Monday, August 17, 2009

7 New Things

This weekend has been interesting. As I have been waking out of my "coma" I have been noticing new and exciting things about Kirsten. They seem to me to have come on very suddenly, but I am sure that they have been gradual, I have just been too out of it to notice over the past few weeks.

1. We do not have to let Kirsten win at Candy Land. For some reason she is impossible to beat.

2. Kirsten can set the table all by herself. We had the missionaries over on Saturday and I got the plates and glasses down, and she set the entire table, including filling the glasses with ice and crystal light, counting out all the silverware and folding the napkins, all by herself.

3. Kirsten is a regular fish. Jeremy took her swimming on Saturday and she jumped in by herself and then swam underwater half-way across the pool to him. When did she figure that out?!

4. Kirsten wears a size 12 shoe. The biggest problem with this is that all of her shoes are size 10. Yesterday at church I noticed her shoes were a little small. Turns out they are all VERY small. I guess we are going shoe shopping before school starts next week.

5. Kirsten can do Pilates. She did my entire 20 minute video with me this morning. She has some crazy strong abs.

6. Kirsten can write her name. She has been able to do this for a while, if we tell her which letter to write. But this morning, she drew a picture and then wrote her name on it all by herself.

7. Kirsten is learning how to read. Last night during scripture study, she asked for a turn and read "And the Lord did" all by herself. Jeremy and I were in shock! She got stuck on the word "visit", but then got "them and did see" before Jeremy and I freaked out so badly that she stopped trying and started laughing!

This little girl will never cease to amaze me. I do not think that I could ask for a more amazing, thoughtful, caring, kind, wonderful daughter. I love you, Kirsten.

4 comments:

Haley said...

she IS an amazing little girl.

Mom Alleman said...

We sure love our Kirsten!! She truly is amazing--just like her Mom and Dad! :)

ellen said...

Wow! It's so great to hear how Kirsten is growing! Next thing you know, she'll be driving!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Wow! That is amazing! Go Girl! Love, Grandma Starnes