Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRSTEN!!!

Today is Kirsten's 4th birthday. I can hardly believe how quickly the time has passed. She has grown so much and I have grown because of her. I never imagined that it would be possible to love anyone as much as I love her. My heart overflows with love and gratitude everytime I look at her or think about her. Everyday I seem to appreciate more and more what a miracle it is to have her here. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has entrusted her to me. I love you Kirsten.

Here is Kirsten just minutes after being born. They let me hold her long enough to take a picture and then whisked her away to help her start breathing.
We were so thrilled the day you came home. I could hardly believe how little you were. I would spend hours just watching you and was in awe of every little thing you did.
Here is Kirsten on her first birthday. She has always been such a good eater!
Kirsten with Daddy on her First Birthday
And here you are today. You are so beautiful and grown up. Daddy got her the Prince Eric doll to go with the Ariel doll she got a few months ago. I don't think she could be happier.
Our wonderful friends, the Hopes, made us dinner tonight and made Kirsten this beautiful cake. It made me cry. I am so grateful for all of the wonderful friends and family that have made this day so special for Kirsten. I was worried when my doctor told me yesterday that I would have to have surgery today. I did not want to ruin Kirsten's birthday. Thank you so much for still making it special for her. We love all of you.

2 comments:

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

Happy Birthday Kirsten! You are so grown up and beautiful! We love you!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Kirsten! You are so sweet. The girls can't wait to see you this fall.