Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kirsten's Birthday Party

Today we had Kirsten's big birthday party. I was not sure that I was up to it after this week, but I am so glad that we did. It was just what all of us needed. We had the party in the back yard and set up a small pool, slip-n-slide, two sprinklers, and a ball that squirts water, plus we have the trampoline. Overall, it was plenty for all 18 kids to do. Most of the parents stayed too, and so we had fun socializing and not just chasing kids.

Kirtsen on the slip-n-slide

Here she is actually climbing into the pool. They were having cannon ball contests earlier.

Jumping on the trampoline

All of the old people trying to be in the shade.

A beautiful cake for a beautiful girl!
The Pinata (did we mention that John and Jeremy's family came?)
The pinata aftermath and mayhem.

Thank you everyone for coming. Kirsten had such a great time sharing today with her friends.

5 comments:

Christy said...

We had a great time... Happy 4th Kirsten!

Michelle said...

I'm glad the party was a success--I hope you're feeling better after your surgery. Happy belated birthday to Kirsten!

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

Happy Birthday Kirsten! it was sure great to see all of you last night!

Cassie Clines Alleman said...

What a group! Happy, happy birthday to Kirsten. I bet she had a wonderful time. We love you guys.

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I wish I could have been there--maybe next year. I am glad she had such a great time. Love, MOM