Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blue Skies

I walked out of the temple this evening and saw - THE SUN and BLUE SKY!!!! I could hardly believe it. I cannot remember the last time I was so happy. Of course, having just spent the majority of my day in the temple for ward temple day probably had more to do with my euphoric state than the sun. But it was still wonderful! It has been cold the past few days and I am so looking forward to it warming back up into the 80's and 90's this weekend.

So apparently I sprained my wrist last week doing Pi-YO at the gym. It hurts like crazy and I am so done with this brace. It is impossible to do just about anything. Typing, writing, and playing the piano are the worst. I need to start working on Kirsten's Halloween costume and Christmas Cards, but that is so not happening right now.

Kirsten has been a busy girl lately and cracks us up on a regular basis. Last night at her T-ball game, she hit a whopper to the outfield and starting running with all of her might, towards THIRD BASE! That's my girl! Then tonight I asked her what she did at school today and she told me she sang a song about Santa. I was a little confused about why they would be singing about Santa in September, so I asked her to sing the song for me. She proceeded "HO HO Santa, HO Santa, HO Santa is his name" Compare this to "Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna to His name." I thought that Jeremy was going to asphyxiate from laughing so hard. She is so funny!

Here is Kirsten at her first day of school.



Last week we had her friends Madelyn and Macy over. We read the book Pinkalicious and decided to make pink cupcakes since it was cold and rainy. By majority vote they turned out purple not pink.


So I have to ask: How many Snow Whites does it take to make Purple cupcakes?

Answer : Three


Last Saturday, Kirsten's dance studio danced at our ward's primary talent show. They did their tap routine from May's recital since they are only 3 weeks into classes this year. It was so fun to see her dancing again. She really loves it.



Jeremy is staying super busy at work and trying hard to balance coaching with that. I am working hard teaching lessons, being active in our mom's group, and trying to keep up with Kirsten. I promised her a full day of mommy time tomorrow to make up for not seeing her at all today. My dad is still in Germany, two weeks down, two to go. My brother, John, is in Monterrey, CA and has started his Linguistic training, and my sister, Anne, is scheduled to have her baby on Monday. That is about it for us around here. We keep praying that it will get warm enough to head back to the pool, or at least the park this week.

1 comment:

Cassie Clines Alleman said...

Ryan and I laughed so hard about the "ho santa" song. That's really great. Love and miss ya.