Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Past few weeks

The past few weeks have been a rollercoaster ride around here, to say the least. After spending about two weeks in bed because of the pregnancy loss and subsequent surgery, I was blessed with a cold, strep throat, a sinus infection, an ear infection and finally bronchitis. So I spent the next two weeks in bed. I seriously was 2 days short of being in bed for four weeks. It shows around here too. The house is in disarray, the garden is overgrown with weeds, I have not actually cooked a meal for several weeks, and my scrapbooking and sewing are piling up. I would love to catch up, but I started back to work this week and I am barely able to keep up with my schedule as it is, much less play catch up.

Anyway, enough complaining. We have been having a lot of fun this week finally doing things as a family again.

On Saturday I had organized a family potluck at the park with some of our friends. Jeremy grilled hotdogs and everybody else brought side dishes. Kirsten had fun playing, Jeremy is actually making some friends in the neighborhood, and I was rejoicing to be out of the house and socializing with people again!

On Monday Kirsten started dance again. She is in the Dazzler's Studio again with Marty Adams. We are doing a carpool with two of her friends since dance starts at the same time their older siblings have to be picked up from school. I have to say that 3, 4 year old girls in the back seat of my car were cracking me up. Who knew that they could be so funny?! We did not get to go in with the girls, but here is a picture of her waiting out front with her Panda "SIA" from the San Diego Zoo.
Kirsten has also started T-Ball in the past few weeks. As most of you know, Jeremy is her coach. I was shocked when he volunteered, but also thrilled. It has been such a good experience for him and something that he and Kirsten can do together. Tonight was her first game. It was so cute! There was one point where the other team hit the ball and it just rolled to a stop and sat there for about 20 seconds before the kids decided to go and get it. Then sometimes, all ten kids would run from where ever they were in the field and all pounce on the ball at the same time. It was a blast. She even had her own cheering section night comprised of Grandma and Grandpa Lowe. She was sure excited to see them there!
Is it just me, or is she just too adorable in that uniform?!

My Angel in the outfield (Okay so she was playing pitcher, but still my angel)

Kirsten was the first one up to bat tonight from our team. I think she was a little frazzled by all the commotion, but she did finally get a really good hit. She made it home twice in the game. Way to go!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I am sorry for your loss. That is always hard, I have been there 2 times and know how difficult it is. I hope there are people around you to comfort you and be there with you.

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

i'm glad you are feeling better after such an ordeal. You have been in our prayers, know that we love you and hope the best for you and your family. Kirsten looks adorable! glad she is enjoying time at t-ball and dance!

Cassie Clines Alleman said...

I hate to say what has already been said but, I too am glad that you are feeling better. All the pictures are just great!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Way to go Kirsten!!! Wish I could have been there for your game. Love, Grandma Starnes