Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kentucky

After the Race for the Cure, I jumped in the car with Kirsten and drove to Kentucky to help Anne with her baby. We only made it to Memphis on Saturday and then drove the rest of the way on Sunday. It is only supposed to take 13 hours to get to Lexington from here, but it took us 18 there and 19 to get back. I guess that is just the joy of driving with a 4 year old. I swear she had to stop about every hour to hour and a half. Oh well, at least we made it.

Kirsten and I both had trouble with our allergies while we were there. I think it is because they actually have a fall in Kentucky. This is what the trees in front of my sister's house look like.

BEAUTIFUL!!!
Kirsten did point out that a few trees are starting to change here too, it is just not the same though.

Kirsten's favorite thing to do was hold Emily. She did it any chance she got, and was even able to give her several bottles on her own by the end of the week.


Of course, anytime that I held Emily, this is where Kirsten would put herself.


Here is a picture of all of us. We sure have a lot of girls in our family!


And finally, all four grandaughters. Still no grandsons in the Lowe family. Sorry.


We had a wonderful trip. It was crazy busy with all of the older kids and their homework and extra activities. I don't know how she does it all the time while working full time. I was sure happy to come home with just one! My sister seems to be falling back into motherhood fairly easily, her older girls are 12 and almost 14. Emily is a great baby, she eats nonstop, and she is beautful. She looks so much like Kirsten did as a baby that sometimes I actually thought she was mine and forgot that mine is 4 and sitting next to me. It was hard to leave, but great to come home. Kirsten and I missed Jeremy terribly, although he stayed super busy with work.

Jeremy's team at work actually won the Five Star Team Service Award this year for the entire company. Their team of about 10 were the first production team to ever win the award, it typically goes to development. He is doing such a good job and has really found his nitche. I am so proud of him, and thrilled that even the heads of the company recognize what a good job he is doing.

I will post soon what we have been up to since we got home. It has been quite a busy week.

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am proud of you and of Jeremy. Sounds like his job is going well.

I have the prettiest daughters and granddaughters in the world!