Thursday, October 29, 2009

Race for the Cure

Saturday, October 17th, I walked the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5K. I went with two good friends, Haley and Kim.



I walked for my Grandma Adams, my mother's mom, who is a breast cancer survivor.



I had delusions of being able to run the 5K, but this is the crowd that we were in the middle of. When you are in the midst of 30,000 people, it is hard to move, much less move quickly.





It was a truly powerful event. I spent most of the walk crying. It was amazing to share stories and laugh and cry with others. This will have to become an annual event for me from now on. Thank you Haley for motivating me to do it.

1 comment:

Mom Alleman said...

You are truly an amazing wife, mother, daughter and sister--Laura! I can't believe all the good work you do for the ones you love! We are so grateful to have you in our family and to enjoy your many gifts and talents. We love Kirsten and enjoyed all the pictures that you shared with us in your Blogs! Congratulations to Jeremy for all his successes in his job and especially, with his family. We love you guys so much!