Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

It seems like when you have children that Halloween is not a single day event. Around here it lasts an entire week (or longer)! Unfortunately we missed our neighborhood trunk-or-treat while we were at my sister's, but we more than made up for it this week.

On Monday, she got to wear her costume to dance class for a party. Her teacher dressed up as Snow White, which thrilled all of the girls. Here is the first look at the Alice in Wonderland masterpiece I created.



Here is her entire dance class.


On Thursday her school hosted "ARKTOBERFEST" (get it, Noah's ark, plus oktoberfest!) Cute. They asked that all the kids come dressed up as animals. Sorry, I already made a costume and you are going to wear it. This caused a monumental break down Wednesday night. When she calmed down Kirsten told me that she wanted to be a butterfly. Great, I thought, it is 8 pm and there in NO WAY I have time to put that together. Then she added, "I can wear my purple leotard and wings from my dress up box and you can make me antennas." The result...


The cutest purple butterfly EVER - and totally the creation of my genius four year old!

They had a bounce house and carnival games and I was able to help for an hour before heading to work. They also had a Fire Truck, which was of course the highlight of the day. Here is most of her class with the firetruck.


Friday night was our ward's trunk-or-treat. We had to do the whole thing outside since our ward is so big. There were two bounce houses, chili, hot dogs, and hot chocolate- thank goodness. It was a chilly night. The wind caught Kirsten's plate and blew it into her spreading ketchup all up and down her apron only a few minutes after we arrived. I was able to wash most of it out before she started walking around. Her favorite part was handing out the candy by our car. By the way, Jeremy was loving that we now have an SUV and he was actually able to decorate the back of our car for the first time!

Does she look excited to get candy?

Here she is with her best friends, Madelyn and Macy.

On Saturday night we actually had the adult session of our Stake Conference. We felt like we needed to go, even though it was Halloween. I was sure glad we did. It was one of the most amazing meetings that I have ever attended. We learned so much and were uplifted and motivated to improve and change many things in our family.

So on our way out we took Kirsten to trick-or-treat Grandma and Grandpa Lowe. It turns out they were not planning on handing out candy, but Patty bought a bag just in case Kirsten came by!

We then took Kirsten to the Hope's house and Megan took her trick-or-treating for us. I think that she prefers her as a companion. Mommy gets bored after about 3 blocks. Apprarently they went out for almost two hours and they filled and dumped her pumpkin 4 times. I sure hope Jeremy's co-workers are enjoying all that candy!

So thank you, Megan, for making sure that Kirsten still had a great Halloween.

Halloween sure is a whole lot more fun with kids. Did I mention that Kirsten has already picked out her costume for next year....

3 comments:

Cassie Clines Alleman said...

Way cute! Kirsten's costume looks great. You do great work. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Mom Alleman said...

Kirsten is so cute in both costumes! Did you get a picture of the back of your car that Jeremy decorated? I know that the "Alleman side" would like to see what he did :) We're glad that Kirsten had such a fun Halloween!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

You really did a great job on her costume Laura. I am proud of you for keeping on keeping on.

Love, MOM