Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ice Skating

There is a new Dallas Stars Ice Skating Center in our neighborhood that opened about 3 weeks ago. I went with my friend Haley today to take the kiddos ice skating. We set up a tour through our mom's group, and so they took us all around the facilities first. Kirsten even got to sit on the Zamboni. As you can see from the look on her face, she was a little frightened by it.

I was really surprised when after the tour, they helped Kirsten put on her skates, taught her how to walk in them, and stand up from a sitting postion. Then we headed to the ice and both instructors came with us. Since only Haley and I had come, we each got one of the instructors, so Kirsten basically has a 45 minute private skating lesson. She was a natural!

They even taught me how to skate - I never even fell down. We had so much fun!

Here is a video of Kirsten being taken around the ice super fast with her teacher.
video
We had such a good time that Jeremy is going to take her again on Saturday while I am at Super Saturday at Church. We now have a new Saturday family activity to add to our arsenal.

5 comments:

Mom Alleman said...

Maybe we can get the courage to come ice-skating with Kirsten some time. It's amazing how quickly you two were able to learn how to ice-skate--I'm sure Jeremy will love it, too. Love you guys!

JoykLucyb said...

So fun! I remember taking skating lessons when I was pretty young. I loved it! My oldest was asking me just yesterday if I could take her ice skating. She's never been before.

Ellen & Jason said...

Ah! It was great to see some Texans ice skating! You guys look great! I LOVE Kirsten's face on the Zamboni.

Janet Adams Starnes said...

WOW! I have never been able to stand up on ice skates, I'm impressed.

D. Watson said...

I stumbled on your blog randomly, looked at the family picture at Disney and said to myself, That family has got to be LDS. Then there's Pres. Hinckley. Then there's a link to Bro and sis someone. Yep. So I compliment you on looking your religion.