Friday, February 26, 2010

Food, Food and More Food!

Yesterday, Jeremy took the morning off of work to attend "Donuts with Dad" at Kirsten's preschool. He was one of just a few dads who could make it and Kirsten was thrilled to say the least. He is such a great daddy!

Today, Kirsten and I went to a mommy and me cooking class at Market Street along with my friend, Nancy and her daughter, Elena. They taught the kids to make Calzones, star shaped quesadillas, and snowmen made from donuts. The kids got to do it all themselves, and then have it for lunch. It was so much fun! Kirsten decided that Calzones were her favorite food and that we should make them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday! We will have to see about that one. Kirsten of course had a blast, and as you can see, she and Elena went on a bit of a silly-face kick. She seems to do that a lot lately, but it always brings a smile to my face.






Sometimes I do not want her to go to school next year. She has become my best friend. We literally do everything together, just the two of us. She is fun to shop with, play with, cook with, clean with, listen to music with, you name it, we do it together. I know that will change when this baby comes and even more so when she starts school next year. That makes me sad. Is that strange?

I started to have some strange pains this past week and finally called my doctor on Wednesday. I was put on partial bedrest. That so does not work with my schedule! I basically get 4 hours up, twice a day, separated by 4 hours down. I have to keep exercising to keep my joints from freezing up, so there is 2 hours of my "up time" everyday. I think that I can work with my time alotments to still get lessons taught, and time with Kirsten. We have spent a lot of time snuggling and watching the Olympics together this week (she is fascinated with the ice skating, so we tape it every night for her to watch the next day.) It is things like playdates, shopping, and cleaning that I do not know how I will get in. I just hope it does go to full time bedrest, so I am trying to be good! =) We will keep everyone posted and I really appreciate the support I have gotten already from friends this week.

Wednesday night, Jeremy felt Katie move for the first time. He was so excited! She is an active little bugger. By the way, that is her name, Katie Anne. I think that it will be cute to have a Kirsten and Katie. Jeremy just thinks it will confuse him, but ultimately, he gives me everything I want!

5 comments:

AnoelleB said...

DO NOT try to do it all, woman!! It's okay to put a few things away temporarily, I promise!! Please, PLEASE tell me you'll take your "partial" (I hate when they say that) bedrest seriously.

PS Katie Anne is just about the cutest name ever!

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

i didn't know you were on bedrest, i am so sorry, truly. been there done that, don't want to have it again. but seriously take it seriously, because when they put me on partial i might have done a few things i shouldn't have, been up moving a little more than the dr told me to because it drove me crazy. but that's when it backfired several times from partial to full bedrest. so please please take it easy no matter how hard it is.

i enjoyed the pictures and katie anne, i like it, it sounds like a fitting alleman name! :)

let me know if you need anything.

Love
Darlene

Mom Alleman said...

We also love the name Katie Anne--it goes so well with Kirsten Lee. What funny pictures of Kirsten! Thank you for sharing them with us! We are sure sorry about your pains and we are here to help if you need us :) We love you guys!

Haley said...

glad you all had fun at the cooking thing. sorry to hear about your pains and partial bedrest. please let me know if you need anything (like a meal). love the name. take care.

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Take it easy Laura--you and the baby are most important right now--other things will still be there. Kirsten is so cute--tell her grandma Starnes loves her!

Love, MOM