Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day!

Today we had more snow than any day since 1977. It is beautiful outside!

Kirsten got sick last night about midnight and we were up all night with her throwing up. She was devasted about having to stay home from school and miss her Valentine's Day Party. It is so hard to see your baby girl so miserable. I decided to let her play in the snow anyways, since she missed being able to play in the last two snowfalls this winter. So I bundled her up and let her go out and play, despite being sick.

The snow was perfect for making snowballs, and Kirsten and I had quite the snowball fight. We also made a little snowman, but then she sat on it!

One thing that she has been dying to do is make a snow angel.

Our backyard was covered. Now keep in mind, that this was at noon, and we have had 4 more inches of snow since I took this picture, and it is still coming down!! I think we are now somewhere around 10 inches in McKinney!

She wanted to make another, bigger snowman with daddy, but she was sound asleep by the time he got home. We are now enjoying a relaxing fire with our new gas logs! I can't believe that I am actually enjoying the cold!

3 comments:

Mom Alleman said...

We were sorry to hear that Kirsten is sick--but we enjoyed seeing pictures of her out in the snow having fun! We love you guys!

扇子 said...

i trust everything will be fine. bless you!........................................

Janet Adams Starnes said...

That looks about like our place when we got home from Christmas, except yours will melt a lot faster than ours. Must be Global warming! I know you don't like it, but I think Kirsten really enjoyed the opportunity to make snow angels and a snowman. Thank you for being so good about posting pictures and keeping me up to date. Love, MOM