Monday, February 15, 2010

Still a Girl

Today was our 20 week sonogram. At 13 weeks, the high risk doctor told us it was a girl, but with it being so early, we were a little hesitant to make any solid plans. So, she is still a girl! Kirsten is thrilled and so are we. She went to the sonogram with me, along with Jeremy's mom and sister, and spent most of it standing next to me, holding my hand, with her head rested on me. I sure love her!

So we have a name picked out, but we want to sit on it for a few days to be sure before we share it publicly. As soon as the sonogram tech said she was a girl, it came to me. She is about 13 oz, 8 inches long, and measures to the day. Overall, everything looks great. I could not be more thrilled or more relieved, especially given our previous problems. I am excited to start painting and decorating her room. We still have some shopping to do, like buying a crib and a new carseat, but mostly we have everything left from Kirsten that we need.

We did not end up getting a good profile shot, just a bunch of her back. She was facing backwards and refused to turn around. The tech would jiggle her a little and she would just kick, but no turning. She is already stubborn! I hope that this is not a sign of things to come!

4 comments:

Christy said...

So happy for you both!

Eric & Amy said...

Yay! Glad things are going well! Nice to know those 13 wk. ultrasounds are correct :)! Can't wait to hear the name. Naming boys is tough!

Stephanie said...

Yea! Okay, now I am convinced it's a girl! No more teasing that it's a boy! I'm so happy for all of you!

Mom Alleman said...

What a joy it was to see that new beautiful baby! Thank you for inviting Megan and I to be with you! We love you guys!