Sunday, February 21, 2010

This week

This first picture is for my sister, Anne. She told me that it was hard for her to imagine me actually being pregnant since she couldn't see me. So here is a picture, 21 weeks down, 19 to go!

Last week, Jeremy put together a new bookcase in our bedroom so we can move the books out of the baby's room. As you can see, he had a special helper.

She stayed by his side the entire time!

Other than that, we had a round of stomach flu hit our house. Kirsten got it first and had to miss her Valentine's party for school. She was up crying at 3 am, not because she was throwing up, but because of missing the party. I got it at the beginning of last week, and then Jeremy had it at the end of the week. We are finally all well. We tried to go to the Temple last Saturday for Valentine's day, but when we got there, it was closed. Turns out that they had lost power for four days because of the snow storm. So we took advantage of having a babysitter and saw a movie, then came home and took Kirsten out to dinner with us. Jeremy spoiled her by getting her roses and a necklace for Valentine's Day.

Last night Jeremy and I went to see The Phantom of the Opera for our Valentine's date. It was even better than I remember - it has been 15 years since I saw it. Kirsten was begging to go, and wanted all the details when we got back, down to the color of Christine's dresses. She got to spend the evening with Grandma and Grandpa Alleman and they spoiled her by letting her stay up until we got there at 11:30. Needless to say, today she was a bit of a nightmare, but she is already asking for her next movie night with Grandma. I guess that is a perk of being Grandma!

I just got home from our March planning meeting for our mom's group and I am excited with all of the fun things we were able to put on the calendar. I am looking forward to another busy, but fun week this week, and hope and pray that we all stay well for the next little while.

4 comments:

Eric & Amy said...

You look fantastic! So glad things are going so well. And Jeremy is such a good daddy! ... special gift for valentine's day for momma and daughter ... that's one great guy!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I wish I was close enough to get that Perk more often! I am glad you posted a picture of yourself, I too was wondering how you were looking over half way there. Glad you and Jeremy were able to go see Phantom of the Opera--that is cool.

Love, you lots,
MOM

Mom Alleman said...

We're glad that you are all feeling better. We tried to get Kirsten to sleep--I guess she wanted to enjoy her time with us :) We love you guys!

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

glad things are going well. sorry to hear about the flu, glad all of you are back healthy. I'm glad you had a great date night even if Kirsten stayed up way too late. :)