Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baby Bedding

I have been searching high and low for months now for the bedding for Katie's room. I have not found anything that I really like at all. There were a few that were okay and would work, but weren't what I really wanted. I decided this week that I was going to just make the nursery bedding. After an hour at JoAnn's, we finally added it all up, and to make the comforter, bumper pads, bed skirt, curtains, and crib sheet would cost me over $300. Then add the hours of work on top of that, and I quickly changed my mind. Tonight I needed to walk around, so we went to Babies R' Us. There it was, exactly what I wanted and even better - on Clearance!!! Here is a picture of the comforter.

The bed skirt and bumper pads are embroidered with flowers, butterflies, and ladybugs. We also found the matching crib mobile and one light switch plate cover. So I still need one more switch plate cover and will make the curtains. I am so excited about this set! Now we can finally go and pick out paint colors. I want to do a chocolate brown on the bottom and a pale pink on top divided by a chair rail. I am thrilled that this is finally coming together. I know that I have to be careful not to do too much at this point, so I am trying to start early and spread the work out over the next 4 months. I should note that Kirsten does not like the bedding, she wanted the purple one next to it.

Speaking of Kirsten, she is currently grounded from all of her toys. She had a terrible day at school on Tuesday. With me being on partial bedrest, I could not ground her from TV or friends, because I need them for my sanity. So we packed up all of her toys and locked them in the spare bedroom. She has out only her puzzles and books. She gets them back after 4 days, because she is 4. It seems to be working, she has had a wonderful two days. We also took away TV before school, and I was amazed today at how much smoother things went, and we were actually on time without any arguing! I think I have a new rule.

This week has been a difficult one. Our baby that we lost this summer would have been due this week. It has been an emotional rollercoaster as I feel like I have been mourning the loss all over again. That added with the physical pain I am in and the emotional difficulty of being on bedrest, and it has been a hard week. Jeremy has been wonderful and understanding though. I could not ask for a more amazing husband. He takes such good care of all of us. Thank you Jeremy, I love you.

4 comments:

Eric & Amy said...

What a beautiful blanket! Lucky for us, Austin never got attached to all his baby blankets and bedding, so looks like we'll be pulling it out again for round 2! I do have some room adjustments and cleanout to do, and I'm getting anxious to get that done. I must be nesting too :).

Bravo on sticking to your guns with the toys. I can imagine that's hard! Hang in there. And yes, we've gotten rid of all TV before school too. My kids get too distracted and won't follow directions when it's on, so it's not allowed on until Hannah's out the door. We still have occassional morning drama, but nothing like we used to. And we're actually on time! :)

Sorry about the tough week. Hang in there. Remember your sweet baby is in a better place. And you will have the chance to raise it someday. Just focus on taking good care of what you've been blessed with now ... your kiddo and a half, and your wonderful hubby, and yourself. Easier said than done. Hang in there!

And please let me know if you ever need any help!!!

Mom Alleman said...

I love the baby quilt! It looks exactly like you wanted--now you can get your nursery ready. We hope Kirsten is doing better--that's not like her to act up. Sorry to hear that you have had a rough week--we keep you in our prayers. Let us know if we can help with anything. We love you!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

It looks like a Laura set! I am going to go to the Babies-R-Us here today and see if they have any other things to go with this set.

Love, MOM

請客 said...

nice to know you ~........................................