Friday, March 26, 2010

Snowy Princess Clothes

I think that there must be some sort of Princess gene that some girls are born with. Kirsten definitely has it. I sent her to get ready for bed last night and this is how she came out.

I was especially amused by the necklace and sparkly shoes. It was hard to convince her to take any of it off to go to bed.

We had to take Kirsten clothes shopping because she has outgrown everything from last summer. She modeled her new style for all to see.
She picked this one out because she thought it looked like Dorothy.

Of course, she was less than thrilled that I forced her to get one pair of shorts. It may be the only ones she actually ends up with this year, because I am starting to think that it is not worth the fight.



I was blown away that we had to buy her size 6, and some size 8. Her swim suit for this summer is also an 8. How in the world is she growing so fast?!

Of course, we thought it was warming up and she would actually need these clothes. Instead, we woke up to this last Sunday, the first day of spring.


Seriously, the snow was fun on Christmas and New Years, and then it was even fun when we got 12 inches in February and set a record. But seriously, 9 inches on the first day of spring? We could not even get down our driveway to make it to church. The weirdest thing was two days later, it was 65 degrees and there were still snow piles along the side of the roads.

We are surviving though, and there are even 80's in the forecast for this week. The neighborhood pools open in 3 weeks, and I am seriously hoping it is warm enough to start going right away. I would go swimming everyday, all year round, if it were possible. Maybe I should add a heated, indoor pool to my dream list...

Wednesday, Kirsten and I got to go to Disney on Ice as part of a birthday party for a friend. We had actually just decided not to go this year when we got the invite, so it worked out perfectly. It was so much better than last year. They incorporated all of the princesses, Princess and the Frog, Enchanted and Toy Story.

Can you tell Kirsten was thrilled to be there with so many friends?

We had really good seats, but I did not get too many pictures because my camera stopped working part way into the show. UGH!! Anyway, this is one of my favorites because it has all the princesses and princes dancing to "How does she know that you love her". It was too fun!


I started going to a physical therapist this week to help with my back and pelvic problems. I am thrilled with what we have done so far. I have a very strict exercise regimen that outlaws the step aerobics and interval training I usually do, and more exercises to do at home. She has also taught me basically all new ways to move and do everything. It will take some getting used to, but I can tell that it is already helping. She also does cranial-sacral work like Cassie, my sister-in-law. When I found that out, I almost started crying. I have been looking for someone for quite awhile that does that. I feel optimistic for the first time in several years that maybe I won't be in pain for the rest of my life or going to the chiropractor every week for the rest of forever. I hope that this makes the next 14 weeks more bearable. I can hardly believe that I am officially in my 3rd trimester today. I guess that it is time to really start getting things ready.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! Brian's not even in a size 8 yet and I think he's a year older than Kirsten (though now that I think about it, I think girls and boys sizes don't match up exactly after they get out of the toddler sizes). She sure is cute though.

Vicki said...

Emma did that with clothes at the same age Kirsten is right now. She went right from a 4T to a 6X. However the following year she grew taller and thin out in the waist and we went back to a 6. She's doing the same thing now, almost skiping 7-8 and going to 9-10. You friend Michelle is right. Once they leave that toddler department they need to try everything on because the size is not consitent from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Eric & Amy said...

She is growing up so quickly! Before you know it she'll be driving and dating. Yikes! :) Enjoy those princess years!

So glad you're doing well. My dad has done cranio-sacral and I have heard it amazing and so healing. So glad you found someone you liked. Hang in there!

Mom Alleman said...

We loved the pictures of our beautiful Kirsten! She seems to be a "natural" Model--what cute new clothes she picked out! We are so thankful that you are getting the right medical treatment and that it is helping you--what a Blessing! Thank goodness Spring is here--we have had enough cold weather! We love you guys!

信幸佩春 said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE.................................................