Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthdays


Jeremy and I both celebrated our birthdays last week. It is fun having our birthdays back to back, we get to party for 48 hours straight once a year! Wednesday I celebrated the big 3-0. After a brief crying stint Tuesday night - which I blame on pregnancy hormones - I realized that I am actually okay with being 30!

Kirsten and I decided to celebrate by going out to breakfast at Cafe Brazil. I love going there for breakfast with friends, so I decided to take her this time. Jeremy surprised us by taping a gift certificate to my steering wheel for us both to get manicures and pedicures! I am not sure who enjoyed it more, me or Kirsten. She would laugh her head off sporatically when they would touch her feet. I think the best part was the kid-sized pedicure chairs. She sure had fun!
Kirsten took the pictures of our toes and fingers. She wanted to show everybody the flowers they painted on them!

Jeremy took us out to dinner at On the Border - my favorite! He spoiled me with a lap desk for my laptop, and clear block mounts for my stamps. It was a great day with my family, I wouldn't have spent it any other way.

Thursday was Jeremy's birthday. He was lucky enough to be working from home that day, so we were able to spoil him throughout the day. We started off by making him a waffle breakfast.
We got to have a quiet lunch, just the two of us when I got home from work, but before Kirsten was home from preschool. That was sure a treat! We had a friend watch Kirsten for us that night and Jeremy and I had a date at Texas Roadhouse. We came home and had cake and presents. I was actually able to surprise him this year - that never happens - with Avatar on DVD, some new clothes, and a radio transmitter for his I-pod. Kirsten gave him Alice in Wonderland on DVD and a Star Wars Lego Fighter, both of which she seems to be enjoying more than him! Here he is with his loot and cake. Is it just me or is he the most handsome man in the world?!
We were able to celebrate over the past two weekends with my family and Jeremy's family. His parents surprised me with a Big Shot Sizzix Die Cut Machine! I ordered a bunch of dies for it this week with the birthday money from my mom, and can hardly wait to start using it!

We are slowly (very slowly) getting things ready for Katie's arrival. It is only 9 weeks away! Personally, that seems too long to me. I got put on a walker today at the physical therapist. To spare you the gory details, basically my pelvis is separating and I can hardly walk. It was getting better over the past two months with therapy, but the baby is getting bigger and dropping, and causing the worst pain I have felt in my entire life. I have been banned from going to the gym, which is my life line, and I have been instructed to spend an hour a day at least doing exercises in the pool - which is still freezing! So, 9 weeks cannot come soon enough!

I am trying not to dwell too much on the pain. There are times that Kirsten curls up in my lap and I just cry and tell myself that it is worth it. I love Kirsten so much and know that I will love Katie just as much - as soon as we finally get her here!

That is about it for us. Just trying to survive the day to day without going too crazy!

5 comments:

Eric & Amy said...

Happy Birthday! 3-oh isn't that bad ;). You're in good company!

And oh how awful your pain sounds! Tell Katie to hang in there ... and you hold together :). This will be over soon!!!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you're in so much pain, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Is there and indoor pool you can go into that might be warmer?

Janica said...

Sounds like a great couple of days. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time the last couple months of your pregnancy. I hope it goes fast for both of us and we have ours back to back. :)

Mom Alleman said...

We are sure sorry about the discomforts you are having Laura--but like you said--it will all be worth it once Katie is here! We're glad that you guys had such wonderful Birthdays--we love you!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I know it will be worth it Laura! I pray for you all the time and I know that God is watching over you.

Love, MOM