Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

So I am late posting about Easter, but we have been super busy - what else is new? Just a warning, there are a ton of pictures involved.

Easter seemed to last more than a week around here. On Saturday the 27th, we had an Easter Egg hunt at the park that was put on by our HOA. Chris, Darlene, and Jordon were able to join us.
It was complete with Easter Egg hunts and a bounce house. It was great to hang out and play at the park with family and friends.
Darlene and I were able to go to a consignment sale that morning. I found this adorable outfit for Kirsten along with a pair of rollerblades. She has had fun skating with daddy the past two weeks. Mommy will have to wait until after I have this baby before I brave my blades again.
Kirsten wore her Easter dress a week early because we had General Conference on Easter Sunday this year. She insisted that I curl her hair, and was especially proud of her first high heels. My little girl is growing up!
On Sunday we also had an Easter Egg hunt and potluck barbecue at the park for our mom's group. We decided as organizers to provide the burgers and Easter eggs this year. We were thrilled when more than 150 people signed up to come. We were even graced with a special visit from the Easter Bunny. Have I mentioned how much I love my neighborhood? I am especially grateful for the Rockin' Ranch Moms group. They have become my life line and my best friends. I could not imagine living anywhere else.
Getting lined up for the Preschool Easter Egg hunt.
Kirsten and Michael. These two have become inseparable since they moved here in November.
The following Monday, she had an Easter party at her dance class - sorry no pictures of that one. Then on Tuesday she had her school Easter program. I did not get many good pictures because I was video taping it at the same time for Jeremy to see later. She was so sweet and sang her little heart out. I have been so thrilled with her preschool the past two years and will definitely miss the annual Christmas and Easter programs next year.
Kirsten was especially thrilled that Grandma Alleman was able to make it up for her performance. We are so blessed to have them close by.
Thursday she had an Easter Egg hunt at school - no pictures, sorry. She got so much candy! We missed our Church's Easter Egg hunt on Friday because she wouldn't eat her dinner. We did manage to color eggs though for the first time. I of course managed to spill the entire cup of purple dye on Kirsten and there is still glitter all over my kitchen. She enjoyed it though, and that's what matters.
The finished sparkly glitter eggs. A special thanks to Grandma Starnes for sending the glitter egg kit. She had a blast doing it.
Jeremy and Chris spent 9 hours on Saturday putting together Kirsten's new wooden playset. They got about half of it done and Jeremy got terribly burned. It is Thursday and he is still red. He says he will put sunscreen on this Saturday when he goes out to finish it. It has been a fight all week to keep Kirsten off the half-completed fort. I will post pictures when he gets it done.

Saturday night we went to the Alleman's along with my dad and Patty. The boys went to the Priesthood session of General Conference, and we got to look at Megan's prom pictures, visit and make cinnamon rolls to share with the guys when they got home. It was a great evening.

Sunday was finally the real Easter, although we seemed done by then. Here is Kirsten with her basket.
She got The Princess and the Frog DVD, Polly Pockets, a chocolate bunny, and a replica of the original printing of Peter Rabbit. That has been her favorite story for a few months. We just keep getting it over and over again from the Library. Now she finally has her own copy!

Sunday afternoon we went to the Alleman's for Easter dinner, Jordon's 2nd birthday party, and yet another Easter Egg hunt. That is why we never give her candy in her Easter Basket. She obviously got more than enough other places. Overall it was a great Easter.

Tonight we took Kirsten out to ride her scooter and started talking to our neighbors. They are moving this weekend and offered Kirsten their Barbie Power Wheels Jeep. She was beyond excited because she has wanted one for a long time, I was excited because it was free.
My physical therapy sessions are going great. I had a spurt of bad back pain last night, but other than that, I have been about 90% pain free for the past two weeks. That is a huge improvement over the bedrest that I had been put on because it hurt too bad to move. I am actually hopeful that I might survive the next 12 weeks. Can you believe it is only 12 more weeks?!! It seems like no time at all and then like at eternity, all at once. We have another sonogram this coming week. It will be great to see our little Katie again.

5 comments:

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

It was great being able to go to the Easter Egg hunt with you guys. Glad the playground/fort will be done, we were glad to have helped out. Glad that you are doing relatively good, can't wait to have Katie here!

Mom Alleman said...

It was fun looking at all the great pictures! We're glad that you are feeling better, Laura, and that Katie will be here soon! Love you guys!

Ellen & Jason said...

That car is awesome! I always wanted one. I'm so jealous!!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

WOW! I cannot believe how big Kirsten is getting. She grows everytime I see a new picture. I am glad she liked the glitter egg coloring kit--I thought she would. Love you all bunches! Grandma Starnes

Kacey Andersen said...

Kirsten is getting SO big and SO beautiful!!! I am glad y'all had a wonderful Easter weekend!! I miss y'all and I hope little Katie is doing well! We love y'all!