Sunday, June 27, 2010

One Last Post

So I thought that I would try to get one last post in tonight before things get crazy tomorrow. I think that I am as ready as I will ever be. The nursery is done, the bags are packed, the cradle is made up, arrangements for Kirsten are made, laundry is done, the trash is taken out, dishes are done, and I have about 2 weeks worth of meals in the freezer that I have made over the past three days. Jeremy is accusing me of nesting. I just call it getting ready. I know, I am crazy, but I even made homemade bread after church today.

I have to admit that I have not really enjoyed this pregnancy at all and am thrilled that the end is very near. Things were so easy with Kirsten, and I was convinced that I could do 8 more times. After this one, I never want to do it again. Hopefully that selective memory is real and kicks in before 20 years have passed. Although I am sure I will not forget the 5 months of excruciating pain, bi-weekly physical therapy appointments, 2 months of getting practically no sleep at all, the bed rest, 3 months of having to use a walker, the carpal tunnel, or my feet swelling from a 9 to an 11WW. I keep telling myself that it will be worth it, and I am pretty sure that recuperating from the C-Section will not be as bad as the past 5 months have been.

I realized that I have not taken many pictures the past few months, can you blame me? But here you go, here is one from today. This is going to be a big baby.
Kirsten on the other hand has been thrilled with this entire experience. She climbs into bed with me every morning, pulls up my shirt, lays her head on my belly and talks and sings to her sister for about 30 minutes. She kisses her goodnight every night and constantly tells her how much she loves her and how excited she is to meet her. She has loved getting all her old baby things out of the attic and cleaned up. She spent the majority of the afternoon today in her old stroller. She doesn't really fit, but since when did that ever stop a 4 year old?
Kirsten also finished up her swimming lessons this week. I was lucky enough to be able to go with her on her last day and see her progress. She has learned so much. She went from barely treading water to swimming freestyle, elementary backstroke, and can dive to the bottom of the 4 foot deep section after her diving rings. It has been fun to see her confidence building.

video
So keep us in your prayers tomorrow. I will get pictures up as soon as I can, but I am not promising anything too soon. I am just not sure how this will go, this is all new to me.

I do have to say that I am sincerely grateful for all of the help that has been given to me and my family over the past few weeks. It is humbling, but such a blessing to have had many of you help me clean and help take care of Kirsten and get her to her activities. Thank you. I hope that I can soon return the service. So until next time....

4 comments:

Eric & Amy said...

Yay! It's finally here! I feel like I was just there in your shoes ... wait ... I guess I was :). I'll be praying for you that everything goes smoothly! You will be so happy to get your body back! Hope recovery goes smoothly for you. Can't wait to meet Katie!

Cassie Clines Alleman said...

Good luck. Your deliverance is at hand. This shall be but a small moment... yeah, I'll leave off the pep talk. We love you and are praying for you all. You can do this.

Jodi & Chris Reeve said...

I pray all goes well! You will love that new baby so much!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Bless your heart Laura!