Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One Month

Can you believe that Katie is one month old today?! I seriously don't know where time is going. She is getting so big so fast and is already up to 11 lbs. Here she is with her bear (thanks for the idea, Janica) so you can see how much she has grown.
Jeremy had to work late tonight and then go home teaching. Patty was wonderful enough to come over after work and spend some time with us so I did not go completely insane. I did however have to tackle bedtime by myself. This is how we read our bedtime story. Kirsten enjoyed it a little more than Katie.
The past month has seriously been a rollercoaster. We have had to deal with my surgery and recovery, jaundice, thrush and now colic. Not to mention sibling rivalry and jealousy. Add on top of that post-partum depression, and I am a mess. Thank goodness I have a great doctor and an amazing support system. I am so grateful for the love that I feel surrounding me right now from my friends and family. I am learning to ask for help, and to step back a bit and realize that not everything has to be done right now. It has been tough, especially since after such a difficult pregnancy, I was really looking forward to getting back to normal. There is no semblance of normal around here right now.

I am really happy though, despite everything going on. I love both of my girls and cherish the few quiet, precious moments that we share. Kirsten is doing better everyday with adjusting, and I don't think that another little sister has ever been loved on so much.

We were able to all get dressed and a picture taken before church this past Sunday. Jeremy insists he loves having 3 girls in the house!
Kirsten slept in sponge rollers and wanted us to curl Katie's hair too. Unfortunately, that will have to wait until it gets a little bit longer.

My two beautiful girls.
Kirsten started dance last month at a new dance studio. We have been really happy with them and she loves her new teacher. It has been great to give her something of her own to look forward too every week.
Last Saturday, our stake had a Pioneer Day celebration. Katie and I did not make it, but Jeremy was sure to get a ton of pictures. Here is Kirsten with Grandma and Grandpa sporting her bonnet from Nauvoo.
I try to count my blessings everyday and remember that this time will pass and things will change and get better. I am getting more accustomed to Katie as the weeks go on, and am even getting to where I can set her down and let her cry when I need to. I am eternally grateful for Jeremy. He is infinitely patient and loving, and the most amazing man I have ever known. He is my rock and I could never do this without him. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for bringing him into my life. I love you, Jeremy.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry things have been a little rough. I really struggled the first few months after Matthew was born, but it does get easier--I promise.

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am proud of you Laura, I know how tough it is. Hang in there sweet daughter of mine.

Love, MOM

Mom Alleman said...

We're sure glad that things are going better for you guys and those two adorable daughters that you've been blessed with!! We love you guys!!