Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Five Years!

I can hardly believe that my baby girl turned 5 years old today! I am not sure where the time has gone. I know that I do not feel like I have aged 5 years...

We tried to give Kirsten a special day today, especially since she has been feeling a little left out since Katie was born. Jeremy took a few hours off of work this morning to go to a doctor's appointment and so he had time to make a wonderful breakfast of biscuits, bacon, eggs and cantaloupe. It was great to start the day all together.
We went to lunch at the brand new McDonalds that opened this week down the street. We met my friend Rebecca there with her daughter Kinsley and twin baby boys, Luke and Owen. It was my first try at going out with both kids by myself, and I have to say I did rather well. The girls did not really care for the 3 story play structure, but loved the coloring table. Go figure.

Tonight, we had Patty over for dinner along with our good friends, Matt and Amy Burr and their three sons, Benjamin, Joshua, and Joseph. They moved to California two years ago, but we still try to visit as much as we can.

Then we had the Sweeneys and Lendermans join us for cake and ice cream. Here is the crew, along with the cake Kirsten helped me make.
Kirsten was thoroughly spoiled this year. She got a big mirror and a quilt with a map of the world from Grandma and Grandpa Alleman, a beautiful lamp from Grandma and Grandpa Lowe, and money from Grandma Starnes. We got her an alarm clock and flashlight, so she will stop stealing Jeremy's, a children's cookbook, and her very first American Girl Doll. She is totally in love with her already and named her Emily.
Happy Birthday Sweetheart. Mommy and Daddy love you!!!

1 comment:

ellen said...

Happy Birthday Kirsten! What a great day! She's such a beautiful young lady!