Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Princess Party

Kirsten had her Birthday Party on Saturday at Sugar and Spice. It is this amazingly cute place in downtown McKinney where they dress the girls up like princesses, and do their hair, nails and make up. It was a blast to say the least!
We were so blessed to have my little brother, John, come in just for Kirsten's birthday. He is in the Marines and this is the first time we have seen him since Christmas. He will be in Texas for the next 3 months for training before heading to his permanent post in Hawaii, so we are hoping to see him a lot over the next few months.
Kirsten absolutely adores her Uncle John, and it made her day having him here.
I have to admit that it was fun to see this super tough Marine, on the floor making picture frames and necklaces with a bunch of 5 year old girls dressed up like princesses. I am just glad to see that they haven't completely changed my brother!
The beautiful cake we had made from my favorite bakery.
Sitting in the Princess Thrown (actually, it is the nail drying chair, but don't tell the girls.)
After getting all dolled up, they put on a fashion show where the girls got to come out one at a time, walk the runway and pose. So fun!
The Limbo, although they did not quite get the whole bending backwards thing.
And don't forget the highlight, dancing and karaoke to Hannah Montana.
Then there was the tea party with cake.
Did you ever see so many princesses?!
I am glad that we were able to give Kirsten a special day. I can hardly believe that she is five years old. At her doctor's appointment yesterday, she clocked in at 45 inches and 52 pounds. That means that in one year she has grown 4 inches, gained 13 pounds, gone from a 4T to a 7, and a size 10 shoe to a 13. No wonder I never seem to be able to keep to my clothing budget!

I am excited to see what this next year brings. Happy Birthday Kirsten, we love you!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like fun! Life is so different with little boys!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

That looks like such a fun Birthday Party for Kirsten. I wish I had been able to see it, but am very glad that my son John was able to be there. Love you Bunches! MOM and Grandma Starnes