Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Purple Smiles

Katie has started smiling a ton over the past week. This means that Kirsten's new favorite game is pinching Katie's cheeks in an attempt to get a smile. Unfortunately this usually results in crying. Nonetheless, we love those treasured beautiful smiles.
Last week we were hit with our third round of thrush. I was so miserable that I wanted to just give up on nursing. I decided to give it one last go, and since nothing from her doctor or mine worked, we decided to go natural and try Gentian Violet.
I managed to freak random people out all over the city for 5 days with my baby's purple mouth and lips. The good news is that the thrush is FINALLY gone, and we are both almost back to our normal coloring. Although, Kirsten did have her nails painted purple on Saturday at her party to match her sisters lips.

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Yes, little Katie is definitely changing. I am so glad she is finally over her thrush, and that you were able to keep nursing. Love you! MOM