Monday, October 4, 2010

Three Months- a little late

I know this is a week late, but Katie turned 3 months old last week. I got pictures, but completely forgot to post. I owe it to the fact that on her birthday I left for work at 10 am and we did not return home until 10 pm. My mom was in town for work and so we drove to Fort Worth after school to spend some time with her.

Katie is growing like a weed. She has outgrown all of her 3 month clothes and some of her 6 month clothes. She is rolling over almost every time we put her on the tummy and makes some of the cutest noises I have ever heard. She is full of smiles and laughter and brings so much joy to our home. She sleeps 10 - 12 hours a night and sticks like glue to her daytime schedule - at least until Kirsten gets home from school. Then she is so happy to be around her sister that she is impossible to get down for another nap unless she crashes. She has really made up for the first few difficult weeks! I could not ask for a better baby or a better big sister.

Here is her monthly bear picture. Isn't she so pretty?!

Kirsten and Katie have two things in common. They love spending time with Daddy, and they love books. So when we combine the two every night at bed time, we have complete bliss. I don't think that you will ever hear Jeremy complain about it either!
I have been busy getting Kirsten's Girl Scout Troop started. We had the parent meeting last week and I got all the paper work turned in tonight at our Service Unit meeting. I just got an e-mail with our troop number. We are Daisy Troop 2722! Kirsten is so thrilled and can hardly wait to get things going. I hope that I have not gotten in over my head. I have a great Co-Leader though, and the parents are all amazing. I am really looking forward to getting started with the fun part now that I am finally done with all the paper work after two months.

It is cooling off finally and we are loving the cooler air. Jeremy took both girls to the park this afternoon while I taught piano lessons and then Kirsten spent some time riding her scooter out front with friends this evening. I love this time of year and desperately want to go see a marching band! Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Seems like I remember that pink and brown outfit she is wearing! She and Kirsten are so pretty. I really enjoyed our visit last week. Thank you for taking the time to come all the way over there to see me I know it was really inconvenient for you. I really had a great time especially playing with Kirsten and taking some more pictures. Love, MOM