Monday, November 15, 2010

Normal?

I would like to say that things are starting to get back to normal around here, but I am not quite sure what normal is. We do seem to have been getting into a more comfortable rhythm though. I set a goal for myself to cook dinner every night for a week. That may sound silly to many of you, but with the way things have been going lately, it will be a first in about 8 months. I made this wonderful Steak Teriyaki the other night and not only was it crazy delicious, but it looked good too!
Yesterday I made three pans of enchiladas and put 2 in the freezer, 4 loaves of bread, and a peach cobbler. Tonight I made 2 meatloaves, 1 for the freezer, baked sweetpotatoes, and green beans. Thank goodness I have a husband that doesn't mind doing dishes! It actually feels good to be cooking again.

I hosted a Stampin' Up party on Saturday and got some great ideas for Christmas gifts. I love crafting! Katie took a 3 hour nap on Friday so I was able to spend the time working on Christmas cards and gifts.

We also went to see Megan - Jeremy's sister - in her High School's performance of Guys and Dolls on Saturday. She did such a great job and is a very talented young lady! I was impressed at how well behaved both my girls were even though it was so late.

It has been almost 3 weeks, but Katie turned 4 months old. I did remember to get her bear shot on her birthday.
She checked in at a whopping 15 lbs 5 oz at her appointment. She is the size Kirsten was at 8 months. It is time for her to slow down! She has started eating oatmeal cereal and loves it. We let Kirsten feed her the first bowl. She loves being able to participate in feeding her sister.


Katie is growing like a weed and learning new things everyday. She loves to roll around the floor and will often roll into the wall or couch and get mad that she can't keep going. She even managed to make it into the bathroom on Friday while I was in the shower.

Kirsten is loving Kindergarten. She is reading so well and just amazes me everyday with the new books she brings home. I love being able to go to her school and meet her for lunch, and try to do it at least once a week. She is such a great big sister and love spending time with Katie. She keeps asking when they can have bunkbeds and share a room.

Last weekend we also had a surprise Bridal Shower for my Step-mom, Patty. She and my dad got married while I was on my mission in Honduras and apparently she never had a bridal shower. So this year for their anniversary we finally threw her a bridal shower. She was so surprised and we had a ton of fun. Of course, what wouldn't be fun about good friends and chocolate fondue?!
We are also full swing into Girl Scouts. I am so glad that I decided to be the troop leader this year. It is a ton of work, but even more fun. I love having this special experience to share with Kirsten. Last week, we earned the Red Petal for Courageous and Strong. We watched a movie about Florence Nightingale and wrote letters to the Troops in Afghanistan. I think that the girls enjoyed the popcorn the most, but we are trying!
We had our family pictures taken last week and I love how they turned out. I cannot wait to get them printed and up on the walls. I love my family! I am also excited to be heading to Chicago to see my sister. I wish Jeremy could go, and we will miss him, but the girls and I are looking forward to our adventure.

I love that life seems to be finally balancing out after about a year and a half of chaos. I cannot wait to see what this Holiday season brings.

4 comments:

Eric & Amy said...

Yum! Cook for me! :) Katie is so cute! I can't believe she's rolling that much! My babies never wanted to roll. Perhaps b/c they are too fat! Cole's already 20 pounds ... he needs to hang out with Katie more ;). Glad life is treating you so well!

The Astounding Andersens said...

Y'all look sooooo happy!!! Your family picture looks like it should be in a magazine!! Kirsten is getting prettier and prettier every day, and Katie is SOOO big! I can't wait to see my precious nieces! We sure LOVE y'all!!

Mom Alleman said...

Great pictures! Especially your family picture--that is absolutely wonderful! We are thankful that your life has balanced out and that you are so Blessed! We love you guys!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

The girls are getting so big and growing up way too fast. I am so glad you are cooking again, I know you have missed doing it and so has your family. Sounds like you are getting your self back. Hey, I did not ever have a bridal shower either, LOL.

Cannot wait to see your family next week at your grandma Adams' house.
Love, MOM