Friday, December 10, 2010

Girl Scout Holiday Celebrations

This week has been a busy one, especially for my little Girl Scout. On Monday night we had a special Christmas party for all the Girl Scout Troop Leaders and their daughters. We had fun caroling around the neighborhood. It took Kirsten a while to leave my side and head up to the door, but she finally got brave and pushed her way to the front at the last few houses.
We had a group of almost 60 people, and we all stayed together. Can you imagine opening your door to this?!
We then headed back to the school where we made ornaments, had a cookie exchange, and refreshments. I really enjoyed spending the evening with just Kirsten.
Last night, we had our troop investiture ceremony. As part of the ceremony, each girl said a part of the Girl Scout Law, and put their petal on our troop flag.
Then each girl came up one at a time and pledged to live the Girl Scout Law and Promise, we pinned them, and then gave them a certificate and some Daisies. Kirsten was so excited to be a "Real Girl Scout"!
Katie is getting more beautiful and alert everyday. I cannot walk out of the room anymore because she is all over the place. She is rolling and scooting right now, but is desperately trying to get her knees under her to crawl. She is sitting up and loves to sit and play with her sister. I have to make sure that I always have toys on hand these days or she will go after whatever I have. I cannot read, watch tv or work on the computer anymore while nursing, because she gets distracted and wants to see what I am doing. She truly is the light of our life and we are so grateful for her. Don't you just love her big eyes?!
Tomorrow, Kirsten and I are going to see Tangled at the Studio Movie Grill with her Girl Scout Troop. We are both really looking forward to it. Jeremy is actually disappointed that he does not get to go. We are thrilled that there is only one more week until Christmas break, but I am a little worried that I have too much to do to get ready for Christmas in just two weeks!

2 comments:

The Astounding Andersens said...

I wish I could have been a Girl Scout!! It looks like you and Kirsten both have fun with your troop! Have fun seeing "Tangled" tomorrow! It looks like such a CUTE movie! Katie has the most BEAUTIFUL eyes, just like her sister! We LOVE y'all and can't wait to see you!!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Wow I cannot believe that Kirsten is a girl scout and that Katie is sitting up--I am so proud of my daughter and granddaughters. Love, MOM