Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Firestation Tour

Today we took our Girl Scout Troop to tour the Firestation.  It was super convenient for me because it is located directly behind my house.  The girls had so much fun.  I am loving getting to know them better and absolutely love my troop!
 Reese, Marli, Koral, Kirsten, Keeton, Leah, Samaya, Lily and Elena

Somehow, I was convinced to dress up in a full Fire Fighter get up.  The girls got a kick out of it.
 To make it better, I had to race my way into the suit against a real Fire Man.  He won.
 Each girl got a chance to climb through the Fire Truck and explore the inside.
 I absolutely love this shot of the entire group on the front of the truck.  I am so glad that they were willing to do this for us!
 After the tour, Kim shared a book with the girls while they ate cookies and waited for their moms.
I was especially glad that Jeremy was able to come home and finish working while he watched Katie for me.  She has a double ear infection and a sinus infection and would not have done well being out for that long. I love Girl Scouts!

2 comments:

ellen said...

What a fun time for those girls! I think I can see your house in that last picture! :o)

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am so glad that Kirsten felt good enough to go. I know how much those ear infections and sinus infections can hurt. Bless you all. I love Girl Scouts too!

Love, MOM