Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow is falling

Kirsten thought that today was Christmas all over again, because IT SNOWED!!!! Of course that was on top of several inches of rain and sleet, so things were pretty slick. We did not make it to church today because we could not get out of the driveway. I am probably one of the only moms around hoping that school is canceled tomorrow. I just miss Kirsten so much and want any excuse to have her home with me.

Kirsten wanted to go out and play all day, but I made her wait until it stopped falling, mainly because I did not want to go out until it stopped falling! I did sneak out and grab a handful off the grill and put it down Jeremy's shirt after lunch, which started a snow war in the house! So I bundled the girls up and sent them out to play. Kirsten made about 20 snow angels, it is her favorite thing to do in the snow. Maybe that is because she is my angel.
Kirsten spent the rest of the time chasing daddy with snow balls and cleaning off her swing set and slide.

Katie was not sure what to make of this white, fluffy, cold stuff or being bundled up in 4 layers. She grew to like it though and sat very contentedly for about 10 minutes just playing with it in her hands trying to figure out what to do with it!
A few years ago, my sister gave us some size 8 purple ski bibs. They have sat in Kirsten's closet and I seriously wondered if we would ever use them. Well, we used them today, and she loved them.
My Snow Princesses
I had to include these pictures too. Katie actually has enough hair to put in a little ponytail now. The funny thing is that she pulled it out while she was nursing (she always plays with her hair or mine) and then her hair stood straight up like a mohawk the rest of the day.
Kirsten has really taken to carrying her sister around. I try to monitor it, and Katie does not really like it, but what's a mom to do?!
Next weekend is a four day weekend and so hopefully we can find something fun to do as a family once all this snow melts. And yes, my life shuts down when it snows. What can I say, I am a Texan, born and bred, and that's how I'll stay!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's so funny, because when we saw the snow we felt like it was a "normal" winter again!
I'm glad your girls had so much fun in the snow- what a great surprise!

AnoelleB said...

Oh my goodness, I love love LOVE these photos! Wish we were playing in the snow with you!!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I love my little snow angels! Wish she could be here today--we have lots of snow and a big yard, she could make plenty of them. Maybe next month????? Love, MOM

Mom Alleman said...

We loved seeing pictures of the "snow angels"!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun playing in the snow. We love you guys!