Friday, March 11, 2011

Camp Classen

Last weekend, Kirsten went to Girl Scout Camp at the YMCA Camp Classen in Davis, OK.  I wanted to go with her, but with a nursing 8 month old, that was not going to happen.  My friend Misti was going with her daughter, Keeton, so she took Kirsten too.  Thank you so much!!!! She had such a great time, learned so much and made so many new friends.  It was awfully quiet around here, and we were so excited when she got home Sunday morning.  Misti took a ton of pictures (170 to be exact).  So here are some of my favorites.
Her bunk bed in the cabin
Playing on the top bunks.  She said they hung their blankets off the top bunk and made tents where they could have secret talks.  So fun!!
Dining Hall
The Rock On workshop - her favorite one!
Archery.  The look on her face is priceless,.
After the insect workshop, they made a human insect with 3 body sections.
Kirsten and Keeton.  She said "We had to walk everywhere and never even got to go in the car!"
Making guitars.  This year's theme was Camp Girls Rock
Lo Ropes Course
Team Tactics with Leah
Leah, Kirsten, and Keeton, they are inseparable!
She even got to go on an hour horseback ride through the woods.
Camp T-Shirts
The Troop shirts that my mother-in-law made.  She is amazing!
SWAPS
For their skit, Kirsten and Keeton danced to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".  They won best costumes.  You cannot tell me that she is shy at all!
Leaving Camp
I am so glad she got to go and am so grateful to Misti for taking her and for all of my other friends who were there and helped keep an eye on her.  She loves that she now has friends in 2nd grade that say hi to her at school. I cannot wait until next year when I get to go too!

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am so proud of my little Girl Scout granddaughter! I am so glad she is good at making friends and had a wonderful time.