Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

This weekend we had our annual Rockin Ranch Moms Easter Egg Hunt.  This is the 4th year that we have done it, and it is definitely a highlight of my spring each year.  It was especially fun watching Katie participate in her first Easter Egg Hunt.  It took her awhile to figure out what to do with the eggs, but she eventually started crawling around, would pick up an egg, shake it, taste it, then put it in her basket.  It was SO CUTE!!!
 She had even more fun when her sister came over to help her.
 Kirsten moved up into the school-aged group this year.  That was hard to admit.  She loves being with the big kids though and ran around like crazy collecting her eggs.
 Thank goodness Katie was content hanging out in her stroller while I helped with the raffles.
 We even had two bounce houses this year, which the kids loved, of course.  I am still not sure why a bounce house is more fun than our trampoline, but oh well.  The best part is the potluck afterwards.  As organizers, we grill hamburgers and hotdogs for everyone and then everyone else brings sides.  The sun was bright, but it was still great.
I love that almost everyone in our group comes out for this every year.  We had over 150 people there!  It was so good for me to be out and to catch up with friends after a few weeks of not really leaving the house.  I know I have said this before, and I will say it a thousand times again, I LOVE my neighborhood, I LOVE our mom's group, and I LOVE that I am surrounded by so many wonderful friends!

No comments: