Saturday, April 16, 2011

Time for an update

I feel like I am slowly coming back to the land of the living.  Jeremy went back to work on this past Wednesday after being home with for two weeks.  It was so wonderful having him home.  I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who was willing to sacrifice so much and take care of me and our girls after my surgery.  The first full day he was home with the girls, he crashed on our bed at 8:15 and said "that is exhausting!  How do you do it everyday?!"  I think he has a new understanding of what goes on here while he is gone!  

While Jeremy was home, Katie got her first spaghetti dinner.  I am not really sure how much she actually ate, but she sure loved playing in it!
 We also found matching pajamas for the girls.  I love how much they love each other. Kirsten would love on Katie all day if she could.  Katie loves to crawl into Kirsten's room and be in there while she plays.
 On Wednesday, not only was I home alone for the first day, we also had Girl Scouts at my house.  They earned their baking badge.  We made daisy cookies and cookie sandwiches.  They also had fun jumping on the trampoline and playing on our fort while the cookies baked.
 On Friday night we went to the Daisy end of the year party for our entire Service Unit.  It was a Fancy Nancy Pajama Party.  They got to dress up "fancy", make magic wands, play Fancy Nancy Bingo, make ice cream sundaes and get manicures.
 There was also a Pajama Fashion show.  Each girl got to go up on stage individually and then some Brownie Girl Scouts came and were the Paparazzi.  It was so fun watching Kirsten strut her stuff!
 The seven girls from our troop that came.
 Kirsten and Keeton enjoying their ice cream sundaes.  They were getting so tired - it was past bedtime by about an hour!
 Today Kirsten went to a gymnastics birthday party and then a pajama birthday party.  She is definitely partied out this weekend.

We also went and got Jeremy's birthday present today.  I know it is a week early, but I wanted to let him pick it out.  I think he loves his new grill and we can hardly wait to fire it up!

We also finally got our carpet replaced.  I absolutely love it.  I think that it also looks great with the tile.
Jeremy also tiled our hall bathroom and is going to put wood down in our living room.  It is in the garage, we are just waiting for a weekend that is not jam packed with parties and trips to be able to lay it down.

Kirsten is doing so well at school.  She is able to read just about anything now.  I love that she can take a turn with our scripture reading now and hardly needs any help.  I woke up this morning and found her reading to Katie in her room.  Katie had the biggest smile on her face.  She amazes me with the things she learns.  In the bathtub tonight she showed me with a cup and her duck that she is learning about volume and water displacement.  She also surprised us the other night by picking up a can and saying "this is a cylinder."  I said what?  And she replied "you know, a cylinder, a three-dimensional geometric object."  She blew me away.  I asked if she was learning about that in school and she informed me that was last week.  This week they were working on area.  She is also getting ready for their program in May.  They are putting on the Three Piggy Opera.  I love listening to her sing and practice her songs.

Katie is growing like a weed.  On Wednesday she starting clapping.  It is unbelievably adorable.  The cutest thing is that she starts clapping whenever Kirsten starts singing.  I love it!  She is walking along the furniture and walks all over pushing her stroller, and is getting really fast.  She is starting to move between two things and lets go and tries to take steps.  She loves to give kisses and giggles all the time.  She insists on having her own book out anytime we read.  She is also a daddy's girl.  It probably has something to do with him being here for two weeks with her. She will seriously be in my arms and cry because he leaves the room.  I guess that is what I get for having the most amazing husband ever.

Jeremy and I were both recently called as Ward Missionaries at Church.  It is a great calling for us.  We have been asked to teach the Gospel Essentials Class together.  So we are trading off weeks teaching and watching Katie.  I look forward to feeling better in the next few weeks and being able to help the missionaries more.

By the way, we got our second Bountiful Basket today.  I love it! We only had to buy bananas and a bell pepper at the store tonight.

No comments: