Monday, May 16, 2011

Things that make me happy

The past few weeks have gotten away from me somehow.  They have been absolutely wonderful and dreadfully busy, all at the same time.  So I thought that I would summarize in pictures some of the things that have made me so happy these past weeks.

I love being able to chaperone Kirsten's field trips.  This one was to Safety Town.
 I love seeing her with her friends, being just a little sassy!
 Hello Kitty Press on Nails - they lasted a total of ten minutes before she got tired of them and took them off!
 Field Day! - Need I say more?!
 Katie's reaction to field day.
Winning the sack race and tug of war 
My girls in matching swim suits
 Kirsten pushing her Aunt Megan down the slip 'n slide
 My new wood floors
The best mother's day present EVER!!!  Thanks to my wonderful husband, his dad, my dad and Chris.  I love them!  I especially love how the piano sounds in the living room now.
 Girl Scouts
 The Kindergarten performance of the "Three Piggy Opera."
 Wonderful family that came to support my singing piggy.
 Cloth diapers.  I know, I am weird, but I think they look so darned cute hanging on the clothes line.
 Kirsten swinging all by herself and being able to touch the tree with her toes.
 Katie walking excitedly to get to her daddy, every single time she sees him!  She is such a daddy's girl!
 I feel so blessed and my heart is so full.  I am so grateful for my wonderful family.  They make me happier than I ever imagined I could be.  I love all of these simple day to day things that just make me so happy!

2 comments:

dan said...

Hey,

Good to see that my old mission companion has a nice family. He was definitely one of my favorites. Has he taught your kids how to play 4d tic-tac-toe?

-Dan Carver

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your family on your blog. I really love looking at it and trying to keep up from a long distance. It really helps me being able to see what is happening with you and the girls. I love your new floor and can't wait to hear how your piano sounds on it. Seeing Kirsten at her field day reminds me of many years ago when I used to go to field day--all of the county/country schools had a combined one in the spring at a park, so it was competition between all of the small schools and it was great fun. I loved sack races and three-legged races.

Love, MOM