Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dance Recital

On Saturday June 11th, Kirsten had her dance recital.  It was her first recital with The Dance Movement and it was at the Eismann Center in Richardson.  It is a huge performance hall and Kirsten was the first one on stage in her class.  I was worried she would be nervous, but she just ran straight out each time.  She has matured so much this year as a dancer.  It was so thrilling to see her recital.

Here she is in the dressing room before her performance.
We absolutely loved her teacher, Ms Linda, this year.  She is seriously the most amazing dance teacher I have ever come across.  The moms affectionately call her the Mary Poppins of dance teachers.  She is not coming back next year, and we will greatly miss her.
After the recital

We had such a great group of family come out to support our dancer.  My dad and Patty, my niece Kaley, Zach and Alison, Jeremy's dad and sister Megan.  She was so thrilled to have so many people there that love her.

I was able to tape the dress rehearsal.  It is not the best recording, the DVD should be here soon, but you can  get a glimpse at least.  She is the very first person out onto the stage in the front row.

"Princesses"
video

"Car Hops"
video

4 comments:

Mom Alleman said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful Feast of pictures! I just got caught up on all the Blogs I missed and can't believe all the events and activities that Kirsten and Katie have done while I've been away! We love your Blogs and we love your family so much! I hope we can see you sometime this week!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

You are right, she is a wonderful little ballerina. I am impressed! I cannot wait to see you all this next week--only a few more days. Love, MOM

ellen said...

What a cutie patootie!! She has a wonderful sense of rythym! Thanks for posting the video, it's adorable!

(fyi, the verify word I have to type in is "humper"...giggle giggle)

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

how cute, she is quite the dancer, wow! tell her to stop growing up. just kidding, she's turning into such a wonderful girl,we love you guys. keep up the good work